Forgiveness

Sorry this is kind of filler but it's a cute chapter nonetheless!

Will was beginning to wake up. He smiled and grabbed onto the front of my shirt. He yanked me down and looked at me.

"Good morning!" He said cheerily, then he let me go. He rolled off of my lap.

"You do realize it's 7:00 right?" I asked. "We gotta get you home. Your mom must be worried sick." I looked at him, fear crept in his eyes.

"Su-sure..."

I was confused at Will's terrified look. I wasn't sure what to say, I guess he could stay at my house tonight... I already called in sick today. YOLO, I guess. I scratched the back of my head. I looked at him.

"So, do you want to spend the night?" I said softly. Will nodded, he looked like he was going to cry again. I needed to change the subject, so I took his hand. "Do you want to help me make pancakes for dinner?" Will grinned, nodding his head frantically. "Okay, let's go." I pulled him up from off my bed. He followed me into the kitchen.

A few minutes later, he was laughing at the flour dusted on his cheeks and his sticky hands. I grinned, flipping another pancake onto a plate. When the kids were finished eating, we finally got to eat. Will, sitting with syrup around his mouth, was talking about his new art project. I watched his animated face closely, I loved when he was passionate about something, his whole face light up, it was endearing.

"So then I'm going to put newspaper clippings around her head..." His blue eyes studied mine. "What do you think?" He asked softly, this was the big test to see if I had been paying attention, which I hadn't been.

"That sounds really cool!" I exclaimed hoping to cover up my confusion. He squinted, I knew he didn't believe me.

"You didn't hear a word I said... Did you?" He looked hurt, tears welled up in his eyes.

"Oh my god. No, I-I tried, I just got distracted. You know it's my ADD." I began to wring my hands. "Please don't cry!" I reached for his hand, which had been resting on the table. He pulled it away, and I knew I had messed up. I sighed and rested my head on the table in dismay. I hated making him upset, but sometimes I just couldn't concentrate. I felt a hand ruffle my hair, I looked up to see Will smiling.

"I'm not mad, it's okay." He pulled his hand away from my hair and grabbed my hand. "I love you, and albeit your ADD is extremely annoying-" He paused and stared at me in the eyes. "I forgive you."