Real love is hard to find | Two

2 | Taking things further

Amaria's point of view

So I found out Dre had all my classes, but one... I already know I'ma fail these classes, if he keeps messing with me. Oh lord this not good... The bell had rung and I got my things from off the desk, and left the classroom just like everyone else. I went to my locker and opened it up.

I really had to figure out what song I was gonna sing, I thought of maybe Beyonce or Ciara, they're my two motivators. I was in so much thought when I felt a hand on my ass, I turned around and glared at none other than Dre. He really needs to stop, I'm not a hoe.

"So, you just gonna ignore a nigga, huh?" Dre asked, pinning me against the locker, with his minty lips a few inches away from mine. "Um..." I spoke, clearing my throat. "I'm tryna get home, you know..." I replied, trying to move but getting through was hard since it seemed his hands were glued to the lockers.

"What for, we need to figure out a song we're gonna sing at the talent show together?" He said, smirking which lead into a big smile, His smile just makes me lose control, and he doesn't even have to do anything extra. The boy is... Let me stop.

"What you mean, we?" I spoke up, just remembering what he had said. I never had a conversation with him about the talent show, and just like I thought, he laughed. I didn't see none funny, girls don't you hate that. When you being serious, but the guy thinks it's funny. When it's really not, smh.

"Come on, ma, we should. Plus I can sing, so why not do it?" He shrugged, and moved his hands. He leaned his back against the locker and looked at me. Man, I can't believe he's right here next to me. I must be dreaming, geez, someone should pinch me. Just then, Dre had pinched my arm. I glared at him, on the verge of punching him in the chest. "What the fuck was that for!?" I asked, yelling, and people looked at me like I was crazy. I grabbed a hold of my arm, that he had pinched.

"You said pinch you, so you know you not dreaming. So is that a yes?" I can't believe this, I really need to pay attention to what I think. "Yeah you should, you start zoning out and start talking to yourself." He agreed, before looking around for a few seconds, and looked back at me. "What the fuck, well I guess I should start telling people how I feel or whatever. But I guess, what song would you want to do?" I asked changing the subject, he stared at me for a good 30 seconds.

I sighed, and looked in my locker to see if I need anything. Before closing it shut, and leaned against the locked too. "Can't leave'em alone by 50 cent and Ciara." He spoke, and smiled at me. I chuckled, and nodded a little. "Okay, I like Ciara anywhere." I replied with a shrug. "Do you know the song?" He says looking dead into my eyes. "Uh, I heard it a few times..." I answered him, and started to walk off. I looked back at him, and he got off the locker and followed me.

"Alright ba- Amaria, I'll come over tonight at five-thirty... So we can practice." He sighed, before stopping me to give a hug, he started walked off and headed in another direction. Does he even know where I live, or even know how to contact me. As I was about to walk out the front doors, he came back. I didn't say nothing but held my hand out for his phone and I gave him mine. I saved my name under AmariaTooCute😘💖, we switch phones back and went on about our day.

I got to my all black forte, and hopped in. Starting up the engine, I was tired and was out of it. I couldn't wait to get home, I sighed and drove off... I drove out the parking lot and down the street to a red light. I turned my head to the passenger seat and noticed I forgot Iesha, I sighed and grabbed my phone out my back pocket and called her. I really didn't want to go back.

Iesha😍: Hey, Maria? She sung into the phone.

Monkey😘: Hey, Esha, are you still at the school? I just noticed you wasn't with me. I spoke up, and drove when the light turned green.