Tragedy

Prabhas went to sleep. Anushka took his phone and dialled a no.

Anushka: hello.

Kumar:  hello Sweety, is it you?

Anushka: yeah

Kumar: But, how come you called in Arun's landline no.?

Anushka: I made a guess that you might be there. When are you leaving.

Kumar: tomorrow.

Anushka: okay. Take care.

Next morning, Prabhas woke up with the ring of his phone. Sweety wasn't there in the room. He got up yawning and picked the call.

" Hello "

" Hello Prabhas, you were asking for that Kumar's whereabouts."

" Yes did you find anything?"

" I have got to know he got a job in US and he was supposed to leave on 21st. Means tomorrow. I don't know how much this information will be helpful. I thought to share with you. "

" Thanks bro "

He hung the call. Kumar  packed his bag and was about to leave when Arun arrived.

" All set bro? "

" Yes, just leaving. "

" Fine, but don't you think you are escaping very easily. You owe atleast a sorry to that girl whom you have destroyed for your ego? "

" I do. But not now bro. I might get into problem. I know I raped her and spoilt her life. But I.."

"What you raped her Kumar? "

Arun turned to find Anushka on door. They didn't realise when she had arrived. She did overhear everything to their bad luck.

" I trusted you and fought with my family,my husband. I tried to protect you from the wrath of my husband and what you did? Lied to me and tried to escape from conviction? "

" Anushka, listen to me. You don't know the whole story. Give me a chance to explain. "

"Really? You got the guts. Guts to explain the reason behind the sin you committed? You will justify rape?"

" Sweety  please, listen. "

" Not anymore. I was an idiot to trust you. Pabsu was right. I'm stupid. Not anymore stupidity. I don't care whether my husband leaves you or not. But I won't leave you. I will give you the punishment for your crime. "

She started to dial the no. He went to her and snatched the phone from her hand.

" Please Sweety. Forgive me.I know I made a big mistake. I won't do that again."

" Again? As if I'm going to give you a chance to do that again? No dude. People like you deserve to be behind the bars. "

She started to leave. He held and throw her inside. Her baby bump hit against the wall. She fell on the floor and become unconscious. Blood started flowing from her lower part and soon a pool of blood filled the floor.

" What you did bro. She was pregnant. " Arun screamed at him.

" Since when I'm trying to make her listen to me. She's not. What should have I done? "

" You're sick. I was a moron to help you. I should have let you to die in the hands of Prabhas. This time I'm not gonna leave you. "

He picked his bag and ran away. Arun was about to chase him but he had to help Sweety first.

Prabhas waited for Kumar outside the airport inside his car so that Kumar doesn't spot him. He found him hurrying to the airport. He got off his car and followed him without letting him know. He was about to check in when he tapped on his shoulders.

"What's the hurry bro. " he asked.

He was about to run when he held him by his collar.

" No point in running you creep. You're finished. "

He dragged him to his car and made him sit in the car when he got a call from an unknown no.

Prabhas: hello...

Arun: Prabhas Arun here.

Prabhas: sorry didn't recognise you?

Arun: I'm Sweety's friend and I attended the baby shower. Anyways this doesn't matter. I called you to say, please don't leave that Kumar. He raped your cousin and..and  attacked your wife.

Prabhas: what..what  happened to Sweety?

Arun: I took her to the hospital. Doctor said she'll be fine. But...

Prabhas: but?

Arun: I'm sorry Prabhas, your baby is no more.

He couldn't speak a single word after this. His voice choked. His hands started trembling and the phone slipped off his hands. His eyes got filled with tears, nose and earlobes turned red.

I'm really really sorry for the twist. I know you won't have liked it. But everything will fall in place soon. Thanks for reading and supporting me. 😘