chapter 4

cause if I never have you

then I could never lose you

do you know what might happen

if I decide to choose you

then the world may just stop spinning

it may just well be the ending

talking all about existence...who knows

but I can not see my tomorrow, if you're not in my tomorrow

uh oh

*

*

*

Three weeks passed and the routine continued. Mama popped in and out and disappeared like usual, and like so many times before I ended up doing what I do best.Kendrick was constantly on my mind but I was the last thing on his. This had to be the longest time I went without speaking to him. He had to know it was for the best though didn't he. "Breakfast!" I called upstairs to my siblings as they rushed through the morning routine, we were about 6 minutes from being late. "Let's go! ya'll got to rush through this come on!" They all filed down the stairs as I handed them each a to go burrito I made, and handed them their bag lunches. "Miko, remember teacher/parent conference tonight, 5:00." Mila said. "Yea and my play remember I'm the little flower, I need my costume." Sweet-pea said. "Alright I got it guys, Twins I'll be there and Sweet-pea You're gonna be the prettiest little flower out there tonight." I kissed them all on the cheek and pushed them out the door as I saw the buses they rode pull around the corner. Sweet-pea got on hers and the twins got on their bus. Abe came down grabbing all of his and just stared at me.

"You know, it's ok for you to have a life Mimi." he said. "What you talking bout Abey?" I was really confused by his statement. "You are a teenager,let somebody else do this shit." What the hell? Why would he say that, and by someone else he means? "Abey, whatever evil sadistic plan you got rolling round in that lil brain of yours, stop it. Who else is gonna do all this shit? Huh? Foster parents? You wanna be split up!" He shook his head probably trying to get out of this conversation. "I'm gonna be late tonight." he said. "Why?" I asked grabbing my things especially my back pack I had some music in there that I wanted Kendrick to check out, and I hoped he would being that we weren't talking anymore."I just gotta do some shit." "Alright, I'm not gonna be on you like that Abraham." I told him. He knew I was mad we don't ever call him Abraham. We both walked out the house and headed to school.

Abe POV

My sister was doing too much, its been a few weeks since she spoke with Kendrick and she knew how to hide shit from the others, but she wasn't hiding shit from me. She put herself into doing so much shit so she ain't have to think about it. So she got music,teacher conference tonight plus Sweet-pea play, and work. I shook my head just thinking about it. We finally made it to the school. I rushed to my locker, my homeboy was posted up waiting for me. "Aye bruh, you got that for me? "Yea." I looked around making sure the halls were empty and went in my backpack pulling out a small blue bag slapping it in the palm of his hand. He gave me 20 and we walked to class.This was me now, I sell weed and I'm putting it up and saving it so Miko ain't got to do all the shit she do now. I wanna be able to take care of myself.

I rushed off to class, just cause I sell drugs don't mean I'm not smart as hell, I love learning new shit. History was my favorite and that's where I was going. "Mr. Baker" I said when I walked in handing him my 6 page term paper on the Civil Rights Movement. "Can't wait to read this." I sat in my usual seat in the back next to my boy Rico and my home girl CeCe. CeCe had wanted the D last year but I turned her down, she ain't my type she too ratchet and she thinks twerking is the key to anything. I just can't take her to meet Miko she would curse me and her out. Rico was my dude though. He tapped me and held up two fingers. I looked up and around the class, curious as to why he wanted to do this now but oh well there is money to be made. I went in my backpack and pulled out two blue bags and Rico handed me 40. I quickly stuffed that into my bag and faced the front of my class.