chapter 8

Miko POV

It was the morning after Quis' party I woke up to a pounding headache and a vomit stained sports bra. What the fuck did I do last night? Kendrick walked in, I didn't even know he was here. "Aye, Fraiser's up." he said laughing but I couldn't comprehend the joke cause of the splitting headache I had. He handed me a ginger ale and some bread. "Drink this, eat this...you got some pain killers?" "Medicine cabinet." he went in the bathroom bringing me back three Tylenol. "Take these." I took the medicine from his hands and swallowed them chasing them with the ginger ale. I look up at him with the stale face. "What happened to me, why do I smell like ass." He laughed again, then pulled up his IG account. "This is why." He handed me his phone I scrolled down his time line stopping over each video and they were all of me, singing, drinking, & fighting or Drinking, singing, crying, & fighting, or crying & fighting, or Crying, singing, crying, drinking, & fighting. Who the hell was I fighting? "Kendrick who did I fight?" "Big Booty Vivian." "Ewwww why?" "She came at you sideways, bout using her name in your song." i finally laughed I'm glad I beat that bitch ass.

I showered and got dressed into some fresh clothes, Kendrick left to go change into his clothes, then he would come back. I was still feeling super sick so I just went downstairs and laid on the couch. Abe came downstairs. "I gotta make a run, Josh and them at Ms. Rosie's they helping her with the yard they should be back later on, you gone be here right?" "Yea, I don't feel like doing shit." "Alright try not to fight nobody while I'm gone." "Whatever nigga." He laughed as he walked out the door. i dozed off a little and woke up when Kendrick came back. He walked in placing a bag of food on the coffee table then kissing me on the lips. I sat up, and stared at him.

Kendrick POV

The entire night I stayed up taking care of Miko. She threw up at least 4 more times. The next morning i got her ginger ale and bread so she could at least try and soak up some of the liquor she drunk. Once she was settled and her face wasn't as pale I told her to take a shower and relax. I went home did the same and came back. I stopped at Wendy's and grabbed something to eat. I walked in sitting the bag on the coffee table and kissing her on the lips. She sat up and stared at me. "What's up." I asked cause this silence was deadly. I knew she had questions she wanted answered and last night she was way too slaughtered to even ask them. She scooted in closer to me on the couch laying her head on my shoulder after grabbing the food from the table. We sat in silence while she scarfed down the Double cheeseburger I got her. Once she finished eating she just stared at me again.

"What you want to know Miko?" I asked her. She sighed. "Man Ken what are we doing? This can't be a healthy relationship for us, I mean we run back and forth to each other, holding back so many feelings never letting each other know how we really feel." "You're right it's not healthy, so I'll tell you how I REALLY feel. I feel like me and you are meant to be with each other, fate has designed us to be best friends, and trust, and respect each other and I want us to stay like this for as long as you want. I pulled her on my lap. You love me?" "Um hum." she said. "Yea?" I kissed her nose, then her lips. "You're so beautiful Miko." She smiled and pressed her lips to mine. We were in a make out session when there was a knock on the door. Miko groaned and got up to go open it.

Miko POV

"Jacob?" I said as soon as I opened the door. I wasn't happy to see my dad standing on our front porch, after all where the hell has his ass been all these years. "Miko? Hey." I felt so many emotions to come to a head when I looked at his face. "You gone let me in?" "No, I'm not letting you in why the hell are you here?" "i just want to talk to you Miko, I need to get some things off my chest." 'Then do it from the porch, you not coming in here." I closed the door as Kendrick came up behind me. "Hey who's that?" "Jacob Sr." I cried into his chest, what kind of father was he showing up like this? He was gone all these years and never once asked if we needed anything, he never sent money to us. When we didn't have anything his ass was gone. "It's ok Miko Mi, just see what he wants." I looked at him like he had two heads. I didn't want to talk to him, the last real memory I had of my dad was me telling him i got raped and robbed and him putting his hands on me. He was a horrible man, father, whatever he wanted to be called. "Miko, you never know what he has to say, just listen to him, I'll be right there with you ok...I won't let him hurt you." he kissed my forehead.