n i n e

chapter 9:

joey's pov

      i sat in class trying to take down what had just happened with emma and i. i kissed her and the world fell away. it was soft and delicate, comforting in ways that words would never be. i know i may seem as the player type, but deep down i'm a softee. i've kissed girls many times yet with emma i felt something so rare. it's just crazy how fast this all happened, and i struggled to think what she was feeling right now. did the kiss mean anything to her?

      i had no idea how to approach her. if she didn't feel the same way i did, everything would literally be ruined. i just don't know what to do right now.

later that day

the bell had rung which meant i had to head to the library for tutoring. if you were wondering, i don't think we've actually done our work once.

i decided i was going to tell emma how i felt. somehow, i would figure a way to bring it up.

i walked in the library and emma was already in there.

"hey." i said sitting down across from her.

"hiiiii." she smiled.

"how was the rest of your day?" i asked genuinely.

"good i guess. you'll never guess who texted me." she said looking up from her phone.

"hmmm?" i questionened even though i already knew who.

"charles." she rolled her eyes laughing. charles. why did she like him anyway? the same reason you like danielle. oh, right. but honestly she was mad strong. i feel like if any other girl was in the position she was in today they would have broken down.

"oh haha what'd he say?" i asked slightly laughing.

"the same shit, i'm pretty and he wants to hang out," emma sighed.

"are you guys gonna hang out?" i was actually curious.

"i don't know, he's kind of like.. bipolar. and he only pays attention to me when we're together." she giggled. and she was right, he was such a player and switches girls faster than the wind. i could treat her so much better damn.

"i know what you mean." i comforted. but i was lowkey happy she seemed uninterested.

"so, yea." she said looking at me. she never seemed to make eye contact with me. i was the type of person who always looked at someone's eyes when talking to them.

"i'm so bored." i sighed.

"same. well, not of you...just in general." she said almost blushing.

"want to play 21 questions?" i laughed. this is where my plan starts. i'm gonna ask easy questions first then rip off the bandage. i had no choice, i can't keep this inside anymore, and honestly i just want to kiss her right now.

"sure." she smiled.

"ladies first." i chuckled.

"in that case, doesn't that mean you should go first?" she said giggling. ouch.

"very funny. but fine, if you insist i'll go first." i settled. "what is the worst thing about liking someone?"

"hmm... not knowing if they like you back.." emma answered playing with her hair.

"i agree.." i replied.

"umm what's something you did that you regret?" she asked shyly, possibly wondering if i would say kissing her.

"liking this one girl." i blurted, talking about danielle. i wonder if she caught on. "if you could take back one thing what would it be?" i asked.

"kissing someone." she said. and honestly my heart hurt right there. what if she was talking about me? "and you? what would you take back?" she re-asked

"i would say fighting with you but if we didn't fight we wouldn't be here right now." i laughed, brushing off what emma said.

"damn, that's true." she smiled back.

"okay, i have a good question. what's your biggest secret?" i smirked. wondering if she would spill anything.

"well, if i tell you, you'd have to promise not to tell anyone. if this got out i'd literally die," she explained. i wondered what in the world it could be.

"promise." and i was for real. her secret was safe with me and i would never ever be one to spread it.

"okay so, like last year remember when lucas and sophia were dating. ugh i feel so bad even saying this i've never told anyone not even my sister." emma told me, she seemed like this really bothered her.

       "you don't have to say it if you don't want to." i said softly.

       "i know, but it bugs me so much i need to tell someone. and i trust you so." she said rambling. "anyways, jaycee was having a party and i was drunk. pretty bad. i don't even remember what i was doing, but all i remember was sitting in a hammic and lucas came over and started making out with me. and obviously i was drunk so i kissed back. you don't understand how guilty i've felt. i know i should've told sophia, but it's too late now i guess, and i really don't want her to hate me. oh, and by the way when you asked what i would take back, i was talking about kissing lucas. so yea.. thats it haha also i hope you don't judge me," she said. you don't know how relieved i was when she said she was talking about taking back kissing lucas. anyways, i felt really bad for her and i wish she would get over that.

        "well damn. you shouldn't feel guilty since you were drunk and lucas initiated it. but don't worry, you can trust me and i will never tell anyone. oh and of course i won't judge you. i've done some messed up shit when i was drunk." i said laughing.

        "thank you soo much joey," she smiled.

      now was my time to tell her how i felt. i just had to do it.

      "anyways... do you want to hear my biggest secret?" i asked.

      "yes joey you have to tell meee." emma replied eagerly.

      "i felt something when we kissed," i just blurted out.

end of chapter
SHOUTOUT TO MY BEST FRIEND joeybirlem-
are you guys shook rn?!
i'm crying i love them.
if you're wondering, emma's story had a big role in the next chapter or two.. get ready
•••
don't forget to vote, comment, and add this story to your reading list so you know when i update. thanks for reading!
- m