t h r e e

« emma's pov »

as the bell rung, i gathered my things and headed over to where joey had said to meet. i'm totally regretting this now, i should've told him to go straight to the library. because you see, everyone constantly ships us and if they see us together they will definitely get the wrong message. and i definitely did not need that happening. as usual, he's taking forever so i decided to go on my phone. shortly after, guess who showed up.

"BOO!" joey snuck up behind me. i screeched, having my phone fall right out of my hand. luckily, joey caught it mid-air.

"don't touch my phone," i said grabbing it from his hand.

"would you have rather me let it drop?" he laughed.

"this is going to be the longest hour of my life," i sighed.

"leggo," joey said as we started to head to the library.

"you know, you're the one who got us into this." i pointed out.

"you're the one that won't shut up." he mimicked.

"you're the one that's annoying" i shot back.

"you're the one that hates me." he said.

"you're right, i do." i crossed my arms.

"well, why?" he asked.

"because you're you." i rolled my eyes yet again.

"you know, any other girl would be happy with tutoring me." joey said.

"fine. OMG, i get to tutor joey birlem!! wow im like the happiest person ever right now!!! my heart!!!" i mimicked every other girl in my school. i don't know what they see in him. okay, to be fair joey is quite attractive. but he's also a jerk, and that's not a good combination.

"hahahaha you're so fu— quick, quick... act cool! danielle is coming," joey cut himself off.

"i'm not the one who needs to act cool buddy," i smirked and patted him on the shoulder.

"hey guys!!" danielle said excitedly. she's mad fake. danielle and i aren't exactly best of friends, we hate each other.

"um hi?" i laughed.

"sup," joey said. i rolled my eyes trying not to laugh. he's totally inlove with her and she's totally inlove with him. or atleast i think she is, either that or she's just trying to make her friend jealous.

"what are you doing...together? are you guys like dating?" danielle narrowed her eyes.

"oh my go- no no no." i said disgusted.

"then what?" she raised her eyebrow.

"i, um, he, uh, well, um joey, want to tell danielle why we are together?" i said.

"uhhh..." joey looked at me while i tryed not to laugh. "emma is failing math so i'm tutoring her." he blurted out. i gave him a death stare.

"you're failing math?" danielle said, laughing.

"that's exactly what i said!" joey replied.

"no, that's exactly what i said," i mumbled under my breath so no one could hear.

"um, are you okay emma?" danielle said to me.

"just peachy, can we go now joey?" i rolled my eyes.

"yea," he told me.

"bye guys. by the way joey, that's so sweet of you to help emma." she winked. lucas blushed, and i think i just threw up in my mouth.

i grabbed joey's arm and pulled him away.

"geez, why so violent?" he said softly.

"why did you tell her i was failing math?" i asked him, angered.

"i don't know, it just came out, sorry." joey shrugged.

"ugh whatever, let's just get this over with." i sighed.

we walked into the library.

--------
end of chap!
next one boutta be lIT
also, i'm updating daily now yeye
goodnight, hope you enjoyed this chapter even
though it was short and basically a filler but yeaaa!