t e n

chapter 10
emma's pov

when joey told me he felt something when we kissed, i was honestly quite shocked. not in a bad way, though. just the fact that i had not expected him to feel the same way i did. and if you're wondering what i said back, coincidentally the afterschool bell had rung, and i told him i would text him later. classic way to get out of an awkward situation. hopefully he wasn't offended or anything. anyways, later had become now.

i couldn't avoid this much longer. besides, i liked him so this was good.

so, i decided to text him

me: hey joey. can u link ? i wanna talk

joey: ya course. where at

me: idk. anywhere

joey: school roof?

me: idk how tf to get up there😂

joey: lmao, just meet me next to it then.

*end of convo*

thankfully, i live very close to the school and it's only a 2 minute walk. i looked in the mirror to make sure i look fine and hopped out the window to head to the school.

when i got to the school, joey was already there on his phone.

"hey joey." i said shyly while i approached him.a

"hey." he looked up from his phone smiling. "wanna go on the roof?" he asked. i nodded my head yes. he held out his hand and i grabbed it. and this time, it's not weird. it just feels... right. he lead me to the secret stairs to go up there. i wondered how he even knew about this.

we walked up the stairs and sat down.

"it's so pretty up here." i said softly.

"like you." joey flirted, and met his eyes with mine while i blushed.

"joey.. i just wanted to tell you, i felt something when we kissed too." i smiled at him.

"you did?" he smiled back.

"yes." i nodded.

"i just want to see one thing..." he said. he placed his hand on top on mine. i glazed into joey's hazel eyes, but found that he was glancing down, towards my lips, and my stomach became a pit of nerves. before i could speak or even pull away, his lips came down to meet mine. his thumb brushed my cheek as he leaned into the kiss, and i subconsciously moved my hands to around his neck. it was a perfect, warm kiss full of lust and i felt myself relax into it. my heart raced as he pulled away from me, taking his warmth away. all for the second time.

          "what were you trying to see?" i giggled.

          "well, i wanted to see if i got the same feelings, but also i just wanted to kiss you again." joey laughed.

          "did you get the same feelings?" i asked him, awaiting an answer.

           "no," he responded. my smile faded.

            "this time it was better," joey continued

end of chapter
this was pretty short, sorry guys.
but y'all are NOT ready  for the next chapter trust me.
not spoiling, just preparing! *cough* drama! *cough*
also this story will be ending soon :(

•••
don't forget to vote, comment, and add this story to your reading list so you know when i update. thanks for reading!
  - m