• Two

Newt's POV:

Newt's POV:

I carefully study him from the other side of the field, his glasses resting on the bridge of his nose, as he clutches a book in his grasp.

I almost swoon at the way he licks his lips while reading the book intently, and the way a strand of hair falls softly in front of his face as he sits hunched over the book in interest.

I almost jump as I notice Minho walk up next to me. "Whatcha staring at shank." He says, patting me on the back and sitting down beside me.

I glance at him briefly before going back to admiring him from a distance. Minho sighs, noticing what I'm staring at and clicks his fingers in front of my eyes, bringing my attention to him.

"How many times have I told ya Newt, he's taken. Heck, he barely even knows who you are." He says, lying down on the grass.

"Yeah I know, I know," I say sighing. "But there's just something so special about him. There's something so intriguing about Thomas."

Minho rolls his eyes at me. "The guy is a full on nerd. I don't want ya going out with a goody two shoes."

I scoff. "You're the one always hooking up with random sluts. At least I'm interested in a genuine person."

I turn my attention back to Thomas and realise a boy has sat down beside him and is kissing his neck. I roll up my eyes and turn away, feeling a bit disappointed.

I'm not surprised he's with someone. As if someone that beautiful would be single.

"Hey!" He protests. "At least I'm getting some action. You on the other hand, haven't been laid for like three weeks."

I swat my hand and turn away from him, turning my attention back to Thomas. The way he looks so mesmerised by the book he's reading makes my heart flutter.

"Come on man," Minho sighs, running a hand through his hair. "You're Newt Johnson. You can get anyone you want. Heck, you have girls and even some guys falling at your feet."

I heave a sigh. "Yeah sure, but I don't want them. I want Thomas." I really don't know how my infatuation with Thomas started, or why I was so fixated on him specifically, but all I know is that I want him, only him.

————

Brenda, Minho and I pull up on our motorcycles across the road from 'Sherry's Diner', slipping our helmets off before strolling into the diner. Brenda gives the owner of the diner a curt wave, before we go and sit in our usual booth in the far end corner.