1. Strike One

Chapter 1 Strike One

"Paige Stanton, please report to the principals office immediately"

Everyone in class turned their heads in my direction as the announcement on the P.A was made. Well can't really blame them, that was a first for me. I have never done anything that would make the principal call me to his office. Usually I'd be commended over the P.A for being best at something, but never this.

"Miss Stanton, you're excused", says Miss Rivers our Chemistry teacher.

Whispers are heard a I exit our classroom on my way to the principals office. My classmates are probably as confused as I am, as to why I'm being summoned all of a sudden.

Going into the office, I saw Mrs Pilgrim drying her eyes with a tissue..

"Mrs P, the principal asked to talk to me?"

I usually got hugs from Mrs P, more often to congratulate me for a job well done, but it isn' the case right now. The plump woman hugged me tight while continuing to sob on my shoulders. not knowing what to do, I pat her back uncomfortably.

"Ahhmm... Mrs P, is everything alright?. Why are you crying? Did I do something wrong?"

"Oh honey", The usually jovial Principals assistant gazed at me with pity, which is new.... What the hell is wrong??

With tears still in her eyes, she ushered me into Principals Monroe's office, the balding mid-40s man was stood somberly facing the windows of his office. Upon hearing us enter, he turned toward us.

"Miss Stanton, please take a sit"

"Did I do something wrong sir?"

"No no, nothing that you did I assure you", it was quite obvious that something was wrong, though it baffled me as to why I'm here since he already said I didn't do anything. Taking a sit behind his desk he said..... "Miss Stanton, we received a call from a Max Caldwell, I assume you know him..."

Well yes I know Max, he has been our family's lawyer ever since.. so I nodded

"Miss Stanton your father has been in an accident, unfortunately and I am saddened to tell you, but your father didn't make it... I'm sorry Paige"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So what do you think? Comments?? Anyone? lol