2. Going Home

Chapter 2 Going Home

I was stunned by what I heard. No that can't be right, I just got off the phone with him a few hours ago. We where planning a vacation just the two of us...a few hours ago. No this isn't real , this cannot be real.

"YOUR LYING! NO he isn't dead, he can't be!!" I shouted

Seeing the somber mood of the principal and the tearful eyes of Mrs Pilgrim, I knew that it was true. My daddy was gone.

Tears sprang from my eyes at the thought of what my dad could've gone through. The thought of the man who single handedly raised me, gone.

"We're sorry paige, Mr Caldwell will be arriving here tonight to take you back home, you can go back to the dorms now"

My whole body was shaking with the news I've just heard. I feel as if all energy was sucked out of me just like that.

"C'mon sweetie, I'll take you to your room now" Mrs P whispered to me.

🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀

I was sitting in my bed, staring through space when Allie, my bestfriend came in our room.

"Pay...."

I lifted my eyes to the blonde, who was obviously as devastated as I was, Allie saw my dad as a father figure. She grew up without knowing her father. Dad somehow filled that gap for her.

She came towards me, and hugged me. I sobbed harder as her arms tightened around me. Knowing that no words can ease the pain that I was feeling.

A soft knock on my door came, Mrs P peeked inside and softly said, "Mr Caldwell is here Paige, He's waiting for you downstairs. I'll have someone bring your luggage down for you"

Nodding, I slowly removed myself from Allie's hug

"I'll come to you tomorrow" Allie said "I know it hurts pay, but I'm here for you"

"Thanks Al, I'll see you tomorrow"

She offered me a small smile as I went out of my room

🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀

Uncle Max was talking to the prinicipal when I entered the lobby of our dormitory.

"I trust that you will take care of things for us" i heard uncle max say

"Yes, of course. Paige has been one of our brightest, there won't be any problem at all." the principal says a he shake uncle Max' hands

Uncle Max came to me and hugged me.

"How are you coping honey?"

Not knowing what to answer I just shrugged my shoulders

"What was that about?" I asked

"I asked Mr Monroe, to take care of things for you here and I asked if he could allow you to take your remaining exams at home instead of coming back here before graduation. You only have two left right"

I nodded, he was right. I inly have two exams left to take before graduation practices start

"Well then, we'll be on our way" Uncle Max shakes my principals hands again as we depart from the walls that held 4 years of my life.

I look around as I follow Uncle Max out. Putting to memory each and every detail, not knowing if or when I'd be able to see this place again...