Chapter 14

Daisy and Harry.

Harry and Daisy.

I walked out of the bathroom shaking my head, hoping to clear it from what I had just witnessed. The way her hands tangled in his hair. The way he positioned his body between her legs. That was defiantly the most awkward encounter of my entire life.

I felt smothered in the crowded bar. I felt suffocated. I rushed through the crowds, pushing and shoving, not caring to apologise.

"Watch it lady!" A man called after me, but I just kept my head down.

I took a deep inhale when I was out the door, the cool French air was refreshing.

It's not that I was sad or even angry at Daisy. I was jealous. I wanted Harry all to myself. I wanted to kiss him, I wanted to touch him, I wanted him to be mine. Why did he kiss her though? Did he not like me anymore? Did he ever like me to begin with? I should've just kissed him at the theme park. But the hesitation that came with my feelings for Harry still dwindled in the back of my mind. I tried to convince myself that my feelings for Harry were just feelings of lust and reminded myself to stay logical. Harry and I could be separated in a few days for all I knew, he could be shot or taken as prisoner. I couldn't and wouldn't give in to my feelings for him and risk getting hurt. This was all happening for the purpose of my wellbeing. It was fine. It was going to be fine.

I walked back into the bar with high spirits, searching for Esma. She was at the bar, holding a shot in one hand and a martini in the other. I chuckled to myself. I needed to take my mind of Harry and Daisy and knew that being with Esma would do exactly that. Walking up I squeezed her waist from behind and she squealed.

"Where have you been? Did you fix your dress?" Esma asked, pushing the martini in her hand towards me, I took it with pleasure.

"Oh uh ha – no," I stuttered. "But don't worry about that, here, cheers!" I clanked my drink against hers and took a big swig.

I hadn't noticed Harry was making his way towards the bar until Fergus began shouting his name. His eyes found mine and I quickly looked away. He positioned himself next to Fergus and began sipping on a drink. 

I could tell that my face was conveying all the emotions I felt, jealousy, annoyance, frustration. So I swallowed the rest of my drink and tried to smile 

"You okay?" Esma asked sympathetically, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"What? Yea!" I tried to laugh. "All good," I ordered another drink.

A large heated hand squeezed my hip and I cringed. "Hello girlies." The man spoke with arrogance. He was clearly heavily intoxicated. "Can I buy you two a drink?" He asked, motioning to our drinks. His hand was still on my hip, and I noticed it was on Esma's as well.

"Our glasses are full, but thanks," I replied bluntly, removing his hand from both my own and Esma's body. His eyes traveled from my face, to my breasts to my legs and I shuddered.

"Come on, just one." He insisted but I shook my head. I noticed his eyes were directly on me now. 

Just me.

"You'll like it." He moved closer and before I knew it his lips were on mine. They were thin and dry, his breath foul and repulsive.

"Hey get off her!" I could hear Esma yelling as she attempted to pry the man off me.

I shoved the man hard and he stumbled back.

"Get off of me!" I yelled but he moved closer and so did his hand up my dress. How was this happening in a crowded bar? Did people not hear or see me? I could hear Esma yelling and before I knew it, my assaulter was pulled off of me and lying on the floor.

Harry was standing in front of me, his back towards me and face towards my attacker.

"Did you not fucking hear her!?" He yelled aggressively, kicking the man in the shin as he lay on the floor. My head was spinning, I pulled the back of Harry's arm for support. The man was up from the floor now and although he was shorter than Harry, he was defiantly beefier. He punched Harry across his face and I yelped.

Esma grabbed my arm and pulled me to her. Several punches flew through the air and I shut my eyes. People were now yelling and screaming. The fight was broken up by Fergus and I honestly couldn't tell who was more battered, my attacker or Harry. Harry stumbled towards me grinning.

"I don't think he'll be bothering you anymore." He smiled widely, blood stained his teeth and mouth.

"Oh, my god!" I covered my mouth. Why was he smiling? Did he find this amusing? I furrowed my brows and his smile faded. Daisy was now rushing to Harry's side.

"Oh, oh my sweet what happened? Here let me clean you up!" She spoke eagerly.

"That's okay, Lianna can do it," Harry stated before taking my hand and making his way to the bathroom with me behind him.

Why was Harry so damn confusing? It was honestly making my head spin. We entered an empty men's bathroom too much of my surprise, which reeked of urine and cigarettes. Harry and I were alone now. He sat up on the sink, hands folded in his lap and began swinging his legs about like an impatient child. He was smirking.

"Thank you." I spoke softly, not making eye contact with him. I began to wet some paper towels to clean the blood. He opened his legs for me to position myself between but I moved beside them instead.

"My pleasure." He grinned sheepishly. I pressed the towel to his lip and he flinched.

"Why are you smiling?" I asked with slight annoyance, gently wiping the blood from his bleeding nose.

"Because this is the second time you've cleaned me up after a fight, nurse Beauchamp." He cocked a brow and nudged me playfully. 

"Let's try and not make this a habit please," I replied. My body was pressing into the side of his leg. The corner of my mouth lifted into a slight smirk and we made eye contact.

"So," I began "You and daisy." Our eyes broke contact and he sighed. I bit my tongue for bringing it up but honestly couldn't help myself.

"It's not what you think." He stated softly.

"I think... it's exactly what I think." I spoke with a smirk, hoping to hide the jealousy I felt. "She's a catch, you're a lucky guy." I lied.

"Daisy and I aren't a thing." Harry shook his head and snickered. "I don't see it really working out."

"Well, she obviously likes you and you like her so what's the problem?" I don't know why I was encouraging their relationship, but maybe if I saw Daisy and Harry together it would lessen my feelings for him. Harry jumped off the bench taking the paper towel from my hands into his own. He wiped it over his hands and threw it almost aggressively in the sink

"I like you, Lianna, I like you a lot... that's the problem." Harry walked out of the bathroom.