Chapter Twenty-nine

A new day came a new... well, just a new day.

I expected to walk to the bus stop, greet Will Solace with a wave (sign language for "hi") and then go to school, sit alone, arrive and hopefully find sticky notes.

Yeah... that's not what happened.

I got dressed, making sure to hide my bandaged arm, walked to the bus stop, and was greeted by not one but two familiar faces. I was more happy about seeing the blond-haired person then the black-haired person.

"Hey, Emo Bunny," Percy greeted me. He wrapped his arm around my waist. Will shot him a death glare.

H-U-H? I signed, and pushed Percy's arm off of me.

"Sorry," Percy mumbled. "Just thought a little physical contact would be nice."

I shook my head as the bus came to a stop in front of us.

"I'll see you later, Nico di Angelo." And with that, Percy walked off.

Now, I was planning on sitting in the front. The front is where it's quiet and lonely. Very good for mute introverts.

"We need to talk," Will clasped his tan fingers around mine and pulled me to the seat in the far back of the bus. I wanted to protest, but I couldn't. (Partly because I don't have a voice, you know.)

"Who is that guy? Why is he so intimate with you? And where were you last night?" Will looked at me very suspiciously.

P-E-R-C-Y. I wasn't going to bother spelling his surname. Pen and paper needed. He handed me a pencil and a sketchpad that looked kind of pricey, so I wrote very lightly on it.

It's a long story. I'll explain later. And last night I was with him. He bandaged my arm up. I handed Will the sketchpad.

"He what? Bandaged your arm?" Now Will was looking more worried than suspicious.

I took the sketchpad back. God damn, if only I had a voice to explain with.

Once Will read it, he smiled a little. "It's okay. I'll just wait for you to write it out, then."

Unfortunately, my story writing skills sucked almost as much as the author of this fanfiction I was living did.

So, of course, it took me all day to write out what happened, along with paying my up most (very little) attention during class. Ha ha, so gonna pass my End Of Grade exam.

Sign Language class came and went quickly, which was good. I remembered everything I was taught, thankfully, yet I don't remember much of any other class. I mean, I gave my fullest attention in each class. Like the great student I was.

I pressed my back against the brick wall of the school. Time to wait for Will to get angry, yell, and possibly dump me... dump me as a friend, of course.

Ten minutes passed as I waited behind the school.

Twenty minutes.

Twenty-five minutes, and I was biting my nails off. Where was he? Getting screamed at would be better than this.

And there was only one reason I could imagine for him not being here.

But that can't be happening...

No.

I got to look for him.