Chapter 3: Brothers

Sam had seen skoolies before. He wasn't as surprised as his closed-minded brother when he met a hunter with an "alternative" lifestyle. Really, though, they all lived alternative lifestyles. The first thing he thought when he saw Georgie's bus was, hey, that's really smart. You can take your home with you instead of having no home.

He went to the passenger side of the Impala, opening the door and helping the pitiful girl stand up on one leg on the ground. Her muscles strained, her hands tightening on Sam's shoulders as he picked her up, channeling the pain she felt.

Sam somehow got the bus door open in the dark, carefully and slowly carrying the woman up the narrow stairs. It was very dark, and his hands felt sticky from the blood dried on them. But Georgie was more important, so he focused on her. She reached to a small panel on the wall by the door and pushed a couple buttons, soft overhead lights illuminating the space.

Sam didn't have time to really look as he carried her to the back where he saw her bed. He sat Georgie down gently like she was a fragile baby going down for a nap. She put her hands down, holding her torso upright.

She whimpered quietly as she looked down at the rows of stitches in her flesh, and the sticky blood covering her pants.

Sam cleared his throat. "I'll need to cut away the pants unless you think we can slide them off."

Georgie almost blushed- almost- as the prospect of him undressing her. But, she reasoned, he needed to clean off her leg badly so that it didn't get infected and then apply bandages. Getting that done was important, and necessary.

"If you help me we can slip them off. As long as our belts come off, these jeans'll come off fine. I might be able to fix them." Sam admired how she placed values in her clothes. He also tried to save as much torn clothes as he could with sewing and patches.

"Alright, I'm going to lift you under here," he gestured around her lower back. "Ready?" His kind eyes shone support and sympathy. She felt oddly comfortable under them.

"Do it, Sam." He nodded, beginning to lift her weight as much as necessary for him to work her belt off with the other hand and slip it out of the loops. He tossed it aside on the quilt and started on his belt that acted as a tourniquet. Getting it off, too, he lowered Georgie back down, so gently, and went for the button on her jeans. As he worked with that, she sighed shakily to release the pain she must be feeling.

Impressively, the two of them were able to remove Georgie's blood-stained jeans, leaving her dirty, tanned skin to be cleaned. It was difficult with the swelling her cuts had produced. With them exposed, he could clean her leg properly.

Sam ignored her black, lacey panties for his own sake, but handed her a small blanket so that she could cover her lap. She smiled softly, appreciating his kind gesture.

Georgie told Sam where to find clean washcloths and the first aid kit. He came back with several cloths damp with warm water. Before starting to clean the blood, he opened her first aid kit, which was a tackle box neatly organized, and gave her a heavy dose of painkillers. He worked carefully, cleaning off the blood as best he could. Georgie worked her jacket off, starting to sweat in the hot space. Droplets of moisture formed on her forehead as she watched him work.

Sam caught a glimpse of the white scar on her shoulder where the vampire attacked her. It really had taken a "chunk" out because there was an indent where vampire's teeth had taken skin and tissue that couldn't be replaced. There was something alluring about the scar. 

"Thanks for doing this, Sam. I really appreciate it." Her voice was shaky, they only proof that she wasn't okay. She was impressed with how his hands operated with practiced movements. He wasn't a doctor, definitely, but he got the job done quickly and better than she could. He was also careful not to touch her more than necessary in a gentlemanly way.