Chapter 5: Break the Promise

I woke up to the sound of chirping outside. The bright sun illuminated the depressing room with rays of light. I tried to sit up, but something prevented me from doing so. I looked over my shoulder at Jack. His arms were wrapped around my waist, and his head in between my neck and shoulder. I couldn't tell if he was asleep due to his lack of eyes, but I just figured that he was. I tried to get up again, but he pulled me closer to him. I was like a teddy bear being grasped by a child that didn't want to let go. After a few minutes of trying to unsuccessfully break free from his grip, I just gave up. I turned to him and stroked his nose playfully. He would flinch every once in a while or wave his hand over his nose; it made me laugh.

Toby's POV:

"Toby, do you know where Jack is?" Slender asked me.

I was setting up notes in the woods to lure more victims into the woods. I was just finishing up when Slender asked me about Jack. I had to lie.

"Nah Slendy. Why?"

"Because he hasn't come back for quite a while. I'm starting to get concerned."

"Well, I haven't seen him."

"You're lying Toby. I can sense it."

I stopped. I don't know what would happen if I told Slender about Jack's little girlfriend, but knowing Slender, I knew it wouldn't be good.

"I'm sorry." I quietly said before sprinting off into the woods.

I knew that he would catch up to me, but I didn't care. All that mattered is that I keep my secret.

As I ran deeper and deeper into the woods, I could see the lights of the Slender mansion. Suddenly, a familiar ringing came to my ears. The dreadful sound peirced my eardrums. I fell on my knees, coughing and twitching. Slender appeared before me, and I blacked out.

I woke up in Slender's room on his bed. My head was hurting like crazy, so I just layed there, waiting for it to go away.

"Now child, please tell me where Jack is."

I sighed. There is no escaping from this. I had to tell him now.

A/N

I know. Really short. I'm so so so so so so so sorry. School is almost over for me, and I'm in the middle of moving. So, yeah. I really hoped you guys enjoyed this chapter. Now there will be more trouble for Jack and Julie. Let's see what happens.