Après Moi, Le Déluge

AN: This post is set post episode 11 of season 1 in Her Love.

Quietly entering her room inside the compound mere three days after the Harvest Ritual, Elijah spotted Alekisos lying in her bed with a pained look in her eyes. She hasn't left her room once. Not since Davina died. According to Niklaus, she hasn't fed on blood for as if she was starving herself of it which worried Elijah more. He knew how much she cared for the young witch but he didn't know the extent of her affections for Davina. So he opted himself to visit her room in an attempt to mend some broken fences as the Americans would say. Niklaus had left her room to fetch her blood but he had doubts that Lex wouldn't accept it. His maternal half brother hasn't left Lex's side since that night.

"Lex. I know my words does not bring you comfort and I understand we are not on speaking terms at this point of time. But... I wanted you to know that I am deeply sorry for your loss."

"It doesn't Elijah but I appreciate the effort." She muttered weakly, her voice void of any emotion whatsoever.

"Davina wouldn't want you to live like this." Elijah said in an attempt to make her see that it is not the end of the world but much to his disappointment, she simply ignored it.

"I don't care." She mumbled detached from any human emotion. "What's the point of being immortal without her?" She turned to the left side of her bed with her back against him.

"Now go away so I can continue drowning in my grief and I'm not asking." She demanded with a commanding tone that left him no room for argument.

Not wanting to further strain the terms as he already has, he obliged to her demand. "As you wish." He exited the room the way he entered, quietly. he headed to the living room where he saw Rebekah taking a gulp from her glass filled with red liquid.

"How is she?" Rebekah asked out of concern of her oldest sister's well being. She still remembers the heartbreaking roar of despair from Lexie and the tears of sorrow running out of her eyes before Nik took her back to compound. It was terrifying to hear it and see it in first hand because usually it was her that suffers heartbreak.

The noble vampire took a moment to think the appropriate way to describe her. "Not well I fear. It seems Davina's departure has left a significant impact on her mental state. I haven't seen her like this."

"Lexie really cared for the harvest witch didn't she?" It was more of a statement than a question from the other blonde original.

"Yes. Very much so, Rebekah."