Prologue

2013 was a terrible year. The world was bleeding as its children became ever more deeply entrenched in a Holy War of morals and beliefs. For nearly three decades the "Decadent West" had fought the "Extremists". During that time, the democratic nations of the world had become more and more like those they sought to destroy. Freedoms were lost and morals abandoned as weak, spineless leaders mutilated some of the greatest nations on earth and left some of the oldest to self-destruct, taking humanity's cultural heritage with them. In this war of "them" against "us", people were dispensable.

Whilst the man on the street tried to maintain his moral standing, the nations embroiled in war tried to find new methods of mass murder. One of the most popular was genetic modification. Various countries tried to make a super race that could and would destroy their enemies but even in these dangerous times this was a practice condemned by the masses. The experiments were hidden in secret laboratories that did not exist and their findings were never published.

The breakthrough came when two nations united in their efforts, the UK and the USA, and put together a team, the likes of which had not been seen since the Second World War. This combination of expertise, knowledge and experience led to a method that seemed perfect. All they needed now was a test subject. They wanted someone who was already a member of the Armed forces, in the prime of their life and, ultimately, replaceable.

S.J.