0.1 break-up

The tears flooded you're eyes as you sat on the wooden porch of you're tiny broken home. With a lit cigarette that you stole from your deadbeat dad in your hand; inhaling here and there. The thoughts of what Carl had just done were replaying in your mind as you rethought your life choices up to this point; most you regretted but Carl was a whole different story. It was as though he hadn't thought how much damage his well meaning break up would do to you, but then again you weren't sure what it was doing to him and this very moment.

~flashback~

It was a shitty day as you walked along side Carl, when he slowly came to a stop just before his fenced house. His eyes settled upon you and he gave you a light smirk that only Carl could give. You gave him a questioning look as the smirk disappeared as you gave a quiet call of his name. His slightly chapped lips crashed onto yours, he pulled away before you had the chance to kiss him back and you gave him a puzzled look. Carl wasn't the "show affection in the middle of a public place" type
of guy unless you managed to get him jealous, which was quite easy; it was a surprise you guess you could say. "I love you and that's why I have to do this" He said as he grabbed your hand and looked down at your now intertwined hands. "Do what?" You asked as you used your free hand to lift his chin and lift his face up so he was looking at you. You put your hand back to your side as you stared at the boy awaiting his answer. "I'm breaking up with you, its just I don't want to hurt you, my family is so fucked up and I don't want to drag you into all this. I'm so sorry Y/N" He said as his beautiful eyes stared deeply into your e/c ones. He stared at you, awaiting an answer but you truthfully didn't know what to say, he pulled his hand out of your grasp as he turned to leave; you grabbed his hand again and pulled him close to you. "Carl, baby you're supposed to break up with someone because you're not in love with them, not because you are." you whispered as he glanced anywhere but your eyes. He gave you a brief nod before he turned and headed up his porch steps; it was devastating and in that moment you wanted nothing more than to slap some sense into the boy. You let a few curse words fall from your mouth before you yelled "Screw you Carl Gallagher, you're such a fucking asshole!" at his back. He didn't bother to turn around and some part of you was glad because you didn't want to know what he would look like; maybe he would be happy, possibly sad? The tears fell as the now light drizzle poured down from the thundering sky, and you quickly hurried back home.

~End of Flashback~

Word Count: 523