10.

*4 months later*

       "This is the fifth time you avoid meeting my dad, Patrick." I sighed and shook my head.

I needed my dad to tell me what he thought was wrong with Patrick. There was something wrong with him. I told Patrick four fucking months ago that I wanted him to meet my dad but he always said no the last minute. I knew there was a difference between a psychopath and a sociopath. Patrick was both. He was charming, intelligent, and good at mimicking emotions. I don't think he really cared for me. He didn't care about killing his own brother, why would he care about me? I wanted to tell Patrick's mom about what really happened but I thought about it one night. If I told her then he would go to prison or a psych ward. He would get taken away from me. And I'm selfish. I know he doesn't care about me, he can't feel, but the more time I spent with him the more I looked past it. It made me feel sick but I couldn't help it. He kept me safe, he always took us on fun dates, and he always made me feel like I mattered. He made me actually feel. It was ironic that he made me feel everything when he could only mimick my emotions.

"I just don't see why I have to." He sighed and handed me my switchblade.

This was the third time we slash the principal's tires. We got caught once already and received detention. Normally, I would skip it but Patrick went. So I went. We made out most of the time when the principal left the room. I closed my switchblade and tucked it into my pocket. I didn't want to give him an ultimatum. I didn't want to manipulate to him. I actually liked him and that made me feel worse because I knew he was unable to reciprocate those feelings. He was a good actor though.

"Fine." I turned around and walked towards the school.

Manipulation it is.

"Wait." Patrick grabbed my arm and pulled me back. I grinned.

"What do you want?" I wiped my face of any emotion like Patrick did and sighed before crossing my arms. I turned to look at him and his brows were furrowed. Those little things he did with his face always made me forget how he really was. He looked confused and sad.

"Are you mad at me?" He asked me quietly. He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me close to him. I sighed. I shook my head and laid my head on his chest. I guess I couldn't force him to meet my dad. I would have to figure him out on my own. "My mom has been asking when you're coming over again." He told me. I rolled my eyes but still smiled. I hated adults. Except her. She was a cool lady. "She said-" he stopped and looked over my head, "Let's get out of here." He grabbed my hand and quickly pulled me away from school. I looked behind me and saw Nathan walking down the steps with his group of friends. Probably going for lunch off campus. Ever since he made the football team he's always hanging with the jockstraps. And they were always at my house. They smell gross and they're loud. So annoying.

Patrick pulled me in the direction towards town and I already had an idea of where we were going. The quarry. I'd been asking him to take me and he always gives me what I want. Like one time we were walking around the mall and I saw a cute pair of shoes. The next day, I woke up and the shoes were on the windowsill with the tag still on. He had gone back and stolen them. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and I lay my head on his chest. I liked being around him. We actually liked a lot of the same things. Like bands, horror movies, and tormenting kids. He was fun. I really liked him. I just wished he felt the same. That he felt something, really.

Instead of walking to the quarry, we stopped by a small convenient store. I already knew what the plan was. Snacks. Free snacks. We walked in the store and he let go of me and we walked in the opposite direction. I casually walked each aisle and grabbed chips and lots of chocolate. Patrick liked his chocolate. We passed each other and I saw that he had a small case of Dr. Pepper. He knew I loved Dr. Pepper. He also had cigarettes. We smiled at each other and he stopped me but only to peck my lips and take everything I had in my hands. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him longer. I hated feeling my heart flutter whenever he kissed me. I never wanted it to stop. He chuckled and pulled away.