What Would You Do For Family?

I do not own the picture above, it belongs to it's respectful owner.

Updates are going to be very slow, for this story and others right now. Wattpad is acting pretty glitchy right now, has been for the past week, and it is driving me up the wall. I'll try to get updates out as soon as I can, but I can't promise anything.

-Chapter Start-

It didn't take long for Regina to pack everything. A few extra pieces of clothing, a warm blanket, canned food, a few pieces of bread and water bottles that she sneaked out of the kitchen, some hygiene supplies and a first aid kit that Lily had kept in the bathroom just in case. She even packed a few luxury items; Jewelry that her Grandfather had given her, her favorite book, a few notebooks and pens, and a few photos.

She also grabbed a plastic bag and got a few coats and hats from the coat closet near the front door. It was important to her first step of the plan.

After packing, Regina turned her attention to her piggy bank. Quickly, she opened the pig and got the money out. Opening the cabinet that the piggy bank was on, she pulled out a notebook that held all her money information. How much she had, what she spent, ect. Light sky blue eyes read the page, until the final number on the paper was the only thing left to read.

$469.28

That was how much was in her piggy bank. How much she had to her name.

How much she had to use for her plans.

Putting the money in a wallet and the coins in a change pouch, she hid the money away in her bag just in case. St. Canard was a city filled to the brim with crime after all. It was like the Gotham to Metropolis. Preparation for everything needed to be done.

Glancing to her cell phone, Regina placed it on her desk before going to make her bed. Placing some stuffed animals that Cypress had given her in the bed, making it look like she was sleeping in it. Cell phones could be tracked, it was simple to do in this time and age, so she would have to leave it. As tomorrow is Sunday, Lily would let her sleep in. A rare thing, but something that would work in her favor.

Once that was done, she put her piggy bank where it was, made sure nothing was out of place. Taking a look around the room where she has slept for ten years, she felt nothing.

It was just a room.

Regina found that this said a lot about everything.

Slipping out of her room, Regina swiftly sneaked out of the house, making sure to lock the door behind her. The stars and moon hidden behind the pollution of the city. Taking in a deep breath, trying to calm her pounding heart, Regina headed for the direction of the county jail.

Memorizing the maps had been easy in theory, but now it was time to test this theory.

-Two Hours Later, The County Jail-

"Chief!" The Chief of police - a older bull dog - turned to see another officer bursting into his office.

"What is-" The Chief demanded, only to get cut off by a panicked reply from the young officer.

"It's a Code Yellow-08!"

The Chief paled. "WHAT!?" Not even waiting for a reply, the dog ripped off his walkie-talkie and started talking fast in it, running out of the room with the other officer following. "Attention all officers! I repeat; ALL OFFICERS! We have a yellow-08! I repeat; Yellow-08!"

Above, in the air vents, Regina watched them leave, the door slamming shut behind them. Frozen still, she listened to everyone moving around in panic. Once the noise was farther off, Regina was on the move.