Graves

Middle of the night, way after curfew for many of the towns spoiled rotten children and prestigious high-class members. A woman dressed in black walks down the naked streets, a shovel in hand and duffle bag at her side. Everyone knew her too well, but none knew her motives. Someone so gentle and yet so mysterious. None dared to ask about the job that she did in the dead of night. For only the moon and stars seem to know that secret and the "Lucky Ones", but who dared to ask who those were.

Her strides, smooth yet quick.

The ones who were awake peeked out their darkened windows, watching as she walked through the middle of the moonlit street, shovel laid against her shoulder, holding it lightly with one hand. She caught the eye of a young child peeking out at her, toy shovel in hand as well. She smiled warmly at a blood-red scarf. Rumor had it that it was once beautifully clean white silk. However, due to the 'job' she had, her oh so very unorganized and messy involvement to many of the town's mysteries, if you'd even call them that, dyed it that dark and somewhat chilling color.

She turned the corner, into the darkness of an alley near the local and very low rated bar known as "Route 66", a very low rated bar due to how greasy the food was --but their alcohol mixtures were apparently a 'thing of legend'. She rested her shovel and bag near the dumpster and snuck in through the back. No one took notice except a rather tall and muscular man who caught her demanding blue eyes. The grin that was stained on his face quickly disappeared as she made her way over to him, never breaking eye contact. She sat at the barstool two seats away from him, the scarf slipping away from over her mouth and nose, revealing the light scar along her cheek leading to her eye.

The man broke the stare, feeling the silence swift through the few people there, the ones playing pool cocked their brows at him, as if shocked to see him not make a quick move to get names or even greet them with an offer of drinks, since they seemed new around there. The woman spoke softly to the bartender, ordering "A shot of Vodka whiskey mix ." She laid a $20 on the counter, asking politely for a few rounds. The tender made one quickly and began making more once she downed the first with a stable unshaken smile. The man watched as she down one by one until she laid another $20 on the counter. He slammed a $50 on top of it and nodding to the bartender. A murmur went through everyone as the woman looked at him, a smirk crossing her lips as she nodded, a devilish grin going along the Mans' face.

Someone in the crowd yelled at them. "Vincent don't challenge the shovel girl to a drinking contest!" The Woman laughed a bit looking back. "Yea Vince, don't challenge me ~. "

The way she said it made a chill go down his spine as the bartender handed them an entire bottle of pure grain alcohol. Vincent opened it quickly and chugged it, watching as she began drinking at the same pace he did, barely even phased by how strong it was.

Vince growled a bit staring her down, his grey eyes looking intense but curious. The woman smiled gently at him, her blue eyes seemingly glowing in the dim lights of the room Vincent mumbled softly, only so she could hear. "Leave with me." She tilted her head a bit, confused. "Why?" He growled a bit. "Just do it ya hear me?"

She nodded slowly, getting a few more shots, suddenly feeling Vincent grab her chin, kissing her gently. The entire bar hollered in surprised and laughed. She glared at him putting her hand on his neck as if it was her own kind of threat. Vincent growled a bit whispering." Just go along with it, act wasted, I have a Rep around here kid."

The woman chuckled a bit shoving him back playfully. "We all have a reputation, but some are much worse than many seem to think."

Vincent cocked an eyebrow slightly, glancing at the clock. "It's getting rather late, let's go. " He grabbed her wrist roughly and pulled her out into the back Alley.