Strong

"He said what?" She shrieked so loud, I had to cover my ears before they bled out .

"Did you actually not hear-"

"Why the fuck hadn't you told me earlier?! Bitch, we're friends- you're my best friend, and my duty is too kick asses like his-"

"Alex, I-"

"Thank you for calling me yesterday-"

"Alex-"

"I just wish you can comprehend the fact that when some douche does that, you come and tell me right way-"

"SHUT UP!" I yelled  and she immediately snaped her mouth shut.

"What?"

"I don't want to hear this, I want us to hang out tonight, do shit- gossip. Or do whatever it is that best friends do during a sleepover-"

"You've never had a sleepover?" She asked petty lacing her voice.

"I-"

"Remind me to kick Betty and Tia's asses for being horrible friends to you," she remarked leaving no place for any other statement as she grabbed her laptop from under her bed.

I hope that when she sees me smiling at her like a lunatic, she figures it's because I'm grateful for her.

She excused herself saying she was going to make us some popcorn leaving me some time to think.

Looking at any of them, you would never guess that they were kicked out of their homes, and once you do, you'll judge them; you would expect them to have done something outrageous or irresponsible when really they're the victims of their stories.

Olly, for example, got kicked out of her house because her father was beating her big brother, and she called the cops on him. However, calls were made people were paid, abusive fathers were released, and little girls were thrown on the street.

Tommen's mother's boyfriend couldn't afford to pay the bills so she kicked him out after he threatened to break up with her.

They all had brutal and cruel stories behind-

"Alissa?"

"Yeah?"

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine-"

"You're not fine-"

"Will you just bugger off, right now?"

"Alissa-"

"I don't want to talk to you about it!" I yelled.

I saw the hurt in his eyes,a but he needed to understand that just as our story began he chose Rebekah, and that made me shut the book closed and toss it over. I wasn't going to let myself get hurt.

"Not a week ago, I was your best friend-"

"Things change-"

"Don't feed me that bullshit!" He roared.

"You don't feed me your bullshit! Best friends?! We were never friends! We want each other, and that's all that was between us. Now you have your girlfriend, and I have a-"

"Marcus?" He yelled accusingly.

"Yes, Marcus!"

"That's very low-"

"Oh, I'm sorry, had there been something between us for this to be considered stooping low?" I screamed.

What I hated most is that with every word I yelled, all I wanted to do is grab him and kiss him. I wanted to be in his arms, I wanted nothing more than for him to give me a second chance. I was never the one wanting the second chance. Had he over night realized that he's been in love with Rebekah all along? Hadn't he told me that he's never ever getting back with her? He couldn't have just done it because of what I said, could he?