Patience

Hanna went back home with Alex. On their way back she stopped at a shop and bought 3 bottles of geranium perfume.

"Alex. I bought these. Smells good na?" She said as she sprayed some on Alex.

Alex smiled at her but said nothing. He stared at Hanna for long until finally Hanna snapped her fingers.

"Hello! Are you listening". Hanna shouted.

"Yeah... I am... Eumm.." Alex finally came on Earth.

"Hanna," he started, "You are really very strong".

Hanna's smile faded, her fake smile faded...."What, why are you telling me this?" She asked.

"I know Hanna, I know. There is something wrong with me right?" Alex chuckled.

Hanna stared at him silently. Her eyes started to be filled with tears.

"Shhh, it's okay. Nothing can happen to me as long as you are here. No illness can harm me. And we also have Dr Mandy. He will surely be able to cure me". Alex tried to comfort her.

Hanna said nothing but hugged Alex tightly. Alex was wrong and she knew that. He was not suffering from any kind of disease but he was being possessed. Knowing all this, Hanna did not tell Alex anything. Mandy had forbidden her. So, she let him believe that he was ill.

After the hug, Hanna gave Alex a warm smile as the latter dried her eyes. Hanna started the car and they drove back to the Rose residence.

*****

Hanna stood and looked outside the  opened window. A gentle wind blew causing her hair to sway in front of her eyes. Tucking her hair behind her ear, she switched on her mobile expecting to receive a text from Mandy. She gasped in vain. There was neither a message nor a missed call. Hanna would have to be very patient.

Still admiring the beautiful garden from her window, Hanna felt something wrapping her around the waist. She lowered her head and saw two hands holding her tightly. Surely, it was Alex.

"Finally you're done with your shower"

"Finally you're done with your shower". Hanna said slowly.

"Yeah I had to be quick. I was missing you a lot." Alex answered in a loud tone as he grabbed Hanna tightly by the waist.

Hanna's heart started to race. She knew that it wasn't the voice of Alex.
She turned her head back and when her gaze met with Alex's, her hair stood on it's end.

Alex again had green eyes. Hanna was full with fear. She started to struggle real hard to move Alex's arm away. But the grip was so tight that she wasn't able to free herself. She turned her head to the left and saw her bag on the couch, the bag which contained geranium perfume.
Hanna had to reach that bag at any cost. But Alex would not leave her. She screamed but still,in vain.

"Why are you shouting? You don't like it when you husband hugs you?" Alex said.

"There is a difference between hugging and hurting. You're hurting me right now." Hanna answered, still struggling.

"You look so cute when you suffer babe." Alex chuckled.

"Leave me." Hanna shouted with rage.

However, Alex would not let her go. He grabbed her more tightly, causing Hanna to feel like vomiting. Tears fell from Hanna's eyes. She was thrilled with terror. But she never learnt to give up.

She bent down and her mouth reached on Alex's hands. Alex screamed painfully and pushed Hanna away. Yes- Hanna  had bitten him.

Hanna lifted her head up and noticed that she fell near the couch itself and the bag was there. She quickly opened it and took out a perfume bottle. She got up on her feet and waited for Alex bravely.

Alex was enraged. His eyes were bright green. He was behaving like a famished wild animal. He was breathing heavily. Never in her life had Hanna witnessed such a thing. She stood still as she watched Alex approaching near her. He wasn't walking.He was,..he was actually crawling. Hanna felt weak. She was so terrified that no words could venture out her mouth. However she felt like screaming for help internally.

Alex finally reached her. Without any delay Hanna sprayed the perfume on him. Alex's head rose heavenwards. He shouted in pain. His eye lenses separated, just like the first time, when he attacked in the bathroom. Hanna wasn't able to see him in this state. She closed her eyes. The scream of Alex echoed in her ears. She felt deadly.

After time flowed, silence occupied the whole room. Alex laid unconscious on the floor. Hanna sat down on the couch as her heart felt heavy. Tears fell down her warm cheeks.

She mustered courage, wiped her tears and put all her strength in order to lay Alex on the bed. She held him up by wrapping her hand around his waist and hanged his hand around her neck and shoulder. She tried to walk but in vain. Hence, she decided to put Alex on the couch itself. She sat him down and then slowly laid his back on the couch and lifted his legs up.

She sat by the side of the couch and took off Alex's slippers. She looked at his face....

*For how long will I have to save myself like this? For how long would I be using geranium perfume like a protection? For how long will I keep on fighting my husband like this?..... Wait.. Why am I even referring him as my husband... What was I and what I've become now.  I feel like a murderer. Look at Alex's face. He looks so innocent. Dr Mandy is right. All those attacks, those green parting eyes, those screams and those cunning smiles.., It can't be Alex. He can be actually possessed. Things ain't normal here. I will have to find out. This can't be my Alex.. No, it can't be.* ...... Hanna thought as she drifted to sleep.

*****

On the other hand, Mandy stopped his black Mercedes in front of such a place where even the impossibles are found to be possible.....

Being a doctor, how can Mandy reach the truth? Will he be able to find that alone.. Or will he be needing a medium?
The answer awaits in the next chapter! <3