Chapter 1

I wipe the blood off my wrist. I take out some makeup out from my purse and apply some on my arm. I don't want the scars to be noticeable.

I get out of the stall and take one good look in the mirror. My poofy dress had a little spot of blood. I hope no one catches that. I walk out and sit back down on my chair

"Hey sugar. What would you like today?" The waitress Sheryl asks me. I come here a bit often. When I'm bored at home, I just come here and grab a bite. It's a pretty groovy hang out. It would be even more rad if someone was with me.

"A milkshake and some fries" I reply as Sheryl writes down my order on her notepad.

"You got it" she says before leaving. I think I've been here too may times that I've memorized the menu. As I wait for my order to come, I just play with the ends of my spotty dress and hum Diana Ross and The Supreme's 'Where Did Our Love Go'

I really love her. Shes a bomb singer. When I was a little baby I thought my mum was her. That was when I was a cheerful person. My thoughts are interrupted as Sheryl puts my food on my table.

"There you go baby." I thank her and take a bite of my fries

"How is it?" she asks and studies my facial expressions as if I'm a work of art.

"Swingin" I simply say and plaster a fake smile on my lips. I never genuinely smile these days. What's the point?

"Great. Enjoy your meal" she says before leaving. I look out the window as I enjoy each bite and every sip of my delicious milkshake. I notice a group of people walking by. I see a puff of smoke escape their lips.

Smokers.

I stare at them wondering what they will do. They seem a bit suspicious. Not a lot of folks in the neighborhood have tattoos up and down their arms.

The suspicious gang walks up to a homeless man. I hope they are going to give him money or food.

They start looking through the poor man's pockets and find what they were looking for

Cigarettes.

They grab their pack of cigarettes and leave the man and continue walking. What's interesting about that group is that there were guys and chicks too. Society isn't too keen on females. It's not an everyday thing seeing a female doing something a male would normally do. This world is messed up for not seeing betties' potential.

I was done with my meal and Sheryl comes back with my bill.

"That will be 79¢" I reach in my purse and find the change and hand it to her.

"Wow prices are going up?" I question

"Yes sweetie. Economy is a struggle to put up with now a days. We need to make money. Did you hear the news?" she asks me while taking a seat next to me.

"What news?"

"It's all over the neighbohood! There's a new gang in town. They call them-self's the Protagonist. It's a mixture of men and betties. Those sugars have tattoos and always have a cigarette in them mouth" she tells me.

She has always been the Gossip type. I get the neighborhood's news by listening to her. Every time I come here she usually have some type of news.

"You don't say. Are they dangerous?" I question the curly-haired lady

"Yes honey they are a gang!"

"I just saw them rob a pack of cigarettes from a poor old man" I tell her

"Shut your mouth! When!" see what I mean? The gossip type.

"Just a few minutes ago. That gang had dudes and chicks. They were smoking and were all tattooed up! They dress different from us." I say before taking the final sip of my milkshake

"Word on the street they came from England. How do they dress?" she asks me

"Them girls don't got them poofy dresses or skirts. Their hair ain't curly or teased. The guys look funky too. They don't seem like your everyday greaser. More like some deformed greaser" I describe the funky looking gang

"Yup. That's them alright. Listen I got to get back to work. I have to be making my money now do I." She gets up and starts picking up my plate and cup.

"Alright well bye now" I leave and I hear her say 'bye' as I walk out the dinner.

This gang that Sheryl was talking about seems suspicious...

Hey guys! Thanks for reading. Ik it may seem a bit vague right now but just bare with me, alright? K, good.

Great, now I want a milkshake 😑

➡️🍺 pretend that's a milkshake ~mixerssalute1