Chapter 2

My health is failing on me. But I'm not failing on my family.

6 weeks left

That's all. Then that's it for me.

"No, you can't leave." Grayson held my hand and begged me to stay. But I can't. " I'm going to make this the best time your life."

Everyday he'd bring in my favorite flowers. Roses. He'd push me around in my wheelchair. But I don't want to spend my life like this.

"I want to walk." I told the nurse.

"Miss, you are going to hurt yourself. You are not stable."

"And I'm dying. Do you want to keep reminding me? Please, help me."

I held on to Grayson's arm and the nurse's arm. My legs shutter beneath me. I couldn't. I shook and fell back into my wheelchair.

Grayson's POV

"No! No! I'm going to stand." She pressed. We kept helping her. She kept falling.

"Baby, it's ok. You don't have...."

"No. I'm not going to be useless for my time." Tears began to roll down her face. Bailey was watching her with worry.

"Mommy, it's ok", she said.

I picked up Margaret. I held up her upper body for her and she stood up on her legs.

"See? You got it baby." She began to move her right foot up and slowly began to place it in front of the other. She began to walk.

"Gray! Gray! I'm.. I'm doing it!" She was like a little baby, learning to walk for the first time. She reminded me of Bailey. I walked her down the hall out on to the balcony.

Once we reached the railing I told her to step up on the bottom bar of the it. She did. And I held her hands. Just like in "Titanic".

"Lift up your arms", and she did. I held on to her waist. I kissed her neck softly. A gush of wind blew and she closed her eyes.

"I'm flying Gray! I'm flying..." She laughed.

She was flying. She was my angel.