Lashton

I found this on Archive Of Our Own and I love it so much. Obviously that means I didn't write it because I suck. I can't post the link because Wattpad sucks and you can't copy-paste but it's "I Think His Hair Is Cool" by shesagoodgirl so just google her I guess. (idk you figure it out)

× "I Think His Hair Is Cool"  ×

Luke admitted that he looked like an awkward teenager, not so much in the gangly sense, he thought, but he couldn’t wait for his hormones to catch up with him and give him the build and height that his brothers had. He wanted people (girls mostly) to like him the way they liked his brothers.

He was still pretty short, shorter than Michael and his own brothers at least (not to leave out that Michael had always teased him about it leaving him another insecurity), he had a little bit of baby fat, and his hair could’ve looked better if Michael had shown him how he did his. It didn’t mean that he was bad looking, cause he necessarily wasn’t in his own opinion, he just had a few things to work out like eating less junk or exercising and putting actual time into his hair.

There were some kids who teased him, ridiculed his features even though half of them were hidden under the same baggy uniform he had. Luke ignored them, though, he just remembered that everyone looked dumb and unattractive at this age, his brothers grew out of it, and so would he. Luke just needed time and patience to show them. He’d find someone who thought he was cute. Until then, he decided to take the verbal assault from his so called friends.

 × × ×

Luke had accepted an invitation to the movies with his friends, Michael had declined choosing his Xbox over socializing so Luke went alone. Alone with the friends he hadn’t been partial to.

The movie was pretty shit, Luke’s group unanimously decided. He kind of enjoyed it, though, especially the historical aspect behind it, Luke’s interest was always sparked by history. He was a bit of a nerd in that way, but he’d rather spend his time as an amateur historian than too preoccupied with girls and trends like his friends were.

“Since you haven’t talked at all, string bean, what’d you think about the movie,” his taller, much bigger friend harshly nudged him causing him to stumble over his feet away from the kid.

He examined the varying group of recognizable peers along with a couple from other schools that he hadn’t bothered to get to know, it wasn’t like he’d see them after today. “I-uh… I liked the history behind it, like the accuracy of the battle locations and all that.” Luke proudly beamed at his response, brains were attractive, girls liked brains.

His friend snorted, other teens chuckled in harmony, and Luke went red. “You’re such a nerd,” the bigger friend disheveled his hair roughly. “Huh,” he pondered, staring at Luke’s mussed hair. “Your hair looks much better like this. More manly and rugged. Not that girly, gay shit you had going on.”

Luke’s whole face was now a saturated scarlet from his embarrassment, he didn’t even know some of these kids laughing at him and here his friend was, nitpicking at his insecurities once again. He rocked on his feet, staring at the theater commons ground to hide his pink, welling eyes.

“Just don’t want to get weird looks when we’re around you, don’t want people to think us two are gay lovers or something,” he laughed insecurely as he joked to lighten the tensed mood, nudging at Luke’s side again.