Cashton

× × ×

The phone rings and I sprint to it, I know exactly who it is. "Cal."

"He-he did it again." My heart sinks. Calum's been dating a guy who abuses him but he won't break it off, he's convinced the bastard still loves him.

"Come over, we'll watch a movie or something." Calum mumbled a feeble okay and hung up and I immediately started getting everything ready.

× × ×

The doorbell rings and I rush to the door, but I'm shocked at what I find. Calum's eye is big and purple and he's holding his wrist. I couldn't contain the gasp and quickly ushered him inside. He limped through the doorway so I shut the door and swiftly picked him up. He let out a quiet hiss of pain to which I quickly apologized. I gently set him down on my bed and rushed to get the first aid kit and some ice. Playing the movie, I started to clean him up.

"You could've told me it was bad, then I would've spared you the driving." He stayed quiet as the light from the tv danced across his beautiful features. I signed, knowing this topic caused resentment from the kiwi. "You need to break it off cal."

"I know." Calum mumbled, sounding utterly defeated. I lifted his chin with my finger, seeing the silent tears run down his face. I carefully pulled him into a hug. "I'm scared Ash, he told me if I break it off he'll kill me, but I'm so sick of this."

"I'll come with you if you want?" Calum nodded in my shoulder and I pulled back. "Let's finish cleaning you up, yeah?" He nodded again and I started dabbing his eye with rubbing alcohol. He winced a little bit, but he always does.

"Is anyone ever gonna love me?" Calum asked suddenly.

"I love you." I said without thinking. Calum may be gay but He doesn't think of me like that, I'm stuckin the friendzone. Again.

"Not like that, like- romantically." See what I mean?

"One day someone will see what I see in you and treat you how you deserve to be treated, I just know it." And hope to God it will be me.

Calum smiled a little bit. "Thanks Ashton." I finished cleaning up his face, wrapped his wrist and ankle, and loaned him some of my clothes. I'd be lying if I said he didn't look adorable in them, my clothes size being a bit bigger. I restarted the movie (mean girls, of course) since neither of us were watching it earlier, to which Calum replied "Ashton, your gay is showing." And we climbed under the covers, me wrapping an arm around his waist as he snuggled closer to me.

"Goodnight cal, love you."

"Love you too Ash."

× × ×

I didn't know how to end it lol

Not romantic, simply platonic. Idk I was inspired but also in the mood to crush some dreams. Hope it didn't suck too bad.