xxviii.

Then suddenly, a familiar beat of a song started playing and a single light appeared not too far from Sapphire. She felt her senses suddenly heighten up when all of this started to happen in the dark, but she couldn't be more confused when she recognized the face that the light stick illuminated.

Squinting her eyes, "kaycee? Is that you?"

Then another appeared, then another, then another, until endless lights opened up, revealing tons of her closest friends.

She was about to open her mouth, when they started dancing to the song she was all too familiar with.

You don't know babe, when you hold me
And kiss me slowly, it's the sweetest thing

Despite the confusion, her mind drifted to how it was beautiful. The lights danced in the dark along with the people behind, and it left a glowing trail when it moved around. The glow from the light itself was also enough to show the movements of the dancing, making her love it even more because seeing her friends dance like this made her heart melt. It was like watching stars dance right infront of her very eyes, and it made her heart warm up.

It was simply breathtaking, a sight that you would want to save just to replay it over and over again.

With a childlike smile on her face, she couldn't help but appreciate how amazing her friends were and how it was truly magical to see something like this in real life.

You're the coffee that I need in the morning,
You're my sunshine in the rain when it's pouring

Slowly, she walked closer to them but that was until she noticed something brighten up at her feet.

Her eyes widened when she noticed a trail of colorful fairy lights, revealing a path infront of her. Like her feet had a mind of its own, she followed it, until it led her to Kaycee, Bailey, and Tati who were suddenly the only ones left with the light sticks in the dark.

"What is this?" Sapphire lightly laughed with a confused yet light expression on her face.

Instead of answering, they just smiled in a way that meant that they know something's up that she didn't.

Kaycee took a small twirl infront of Saph until she revealed a white frame that emitted a soft white glow in the dark, and there were handwritten words that seemed to be scribbled. Too enticed by the words, she didn't see the three slipping away.

"when we follow our hearts, when we choose not to settle. it's funny, isn't it? a weight lifts, the sun shines a little brighter, and for a brief moment, we find a little peace." when I asked you what your favorite line was in Greys Anatomy, this is what you said. so I also made it my favorite, if you don't mind it:)

Tears started to form in the corner of her eyes when she realized who was behind all of this, but once again, the dance caught her eyes again.

The lights were turning off and on in an organized sequence in different formations, as each person disappeared yet reappeared again in the next beat of the song. The choreography was truly amazing in a way that it would leave a mark in your head even after a few years. She was sure that she wouldn't even forget this night.

They resembled the pretty city lights at night, and all Sapphire wanted to do was watch them with all of her attention.

Following the trail, it led her to Tahani, Lexee, Nat and Charlize who somehow danced their way to be infront of her.