One of the last - P3

Once we got to my town I took Kate to my house. I ignored the scene on my porch and walked right inside but Kate didn't ignore it. "I thought u said parents?"
"What do you mean?" I looked outside to see my mum looking more mutilated than before and my dad was no where to be seen. I grabbed Kate by the arm and got back in the car. As we took of down the street I drove to my boyfriends house. I knew where the spare key was so I let us in. Damien rushed out with a gun, his little sister Jenny behind him. When he saw it was me he dropped it and wrapped his arms around me. I burst into tears telling everything that had happened to me. Once he heard about the rape he loaded his dads shotgun. I told him "I killed them, this is Kate." He turned around and picked her up. He took her to the bathroom and handed her a towel and some clothes from his little sisters room. While we waited for her to shower he packed everything that he and his sister would need. "I'll take my dads car to Coles and pick up food"
"I've got plenty no need"
"Why didn't you come before?"
"I got chased away from home, then all this shit happened. I came back to escape Heith but my house isn't safe so I came here."
"Well we've got each other now" Kate and Jenny came out of Jenny's room and we all got in the car. The girls in the back, Damien and I in the front and our supplies in the boot. The girls got along well, they were talking and laughing the whole drive. I drove us out of town into a little street. Kate immediately went quiet, she seemed timid. "What's wrong?" I asked.
"This is my street, and that's my house." She pointed to a house that had fallen apart at the top. The bricks had been burnt to a crisp and every window was smashed. Her front door was wide open. I pulled the car over and everyone followed me as I carefully walked towards the house. Once we got inside I nearly threw up at the sight of her parents. Her mother had been torn in half and her insides had sprawled onto the charred carpet. Her dad had been slit open and was empty. His dead eyes looked into my soul. I pushed the girls out of the house and to the front yard and had Damien watch them. I walked in further to find her dog, a big Doberman. She stared into my eyes, he looked like she wanted to die. I yelled out to Damien and he came rushing. "Help me get her to the car,she's starving." Damien picked her up and brought her to the back seat. He opened a bottle of water and tipped it into her mouth,it was gone within a minute. "Lucy!" Kate shouted, she ran into the car and wrapped her arms around the dog. The dog began to lick her face and cuddle her back. We all got back in the car and drove to the shops. Damien got her heaps of dog food that would easily last her half a year. I drove us into the next street to look for survivors. This street was basically a blood bath. If there were any survivors they'd sure be insane. As we got to the end of the street Lucy started to growl. I pulled to a halt to see if anyone could see what she heard. Her growl turned into a soft bark. I saw what she was hearing. In our direction of travel, some sort of humanoid was standing in the shadows. I moved my hand at the girls instructing them to duck, they did just that. I felt them pressing up against my seat. Lucy was now going crazy. Damien opened the car door and she took off down the street. I watched in terror as they both tore at each other. The humanoid lay dead and Lucy limped her way back to the car. I ran to her not noticing that the others had followed me. I placed her on my lap in a desperate attempt to stop the bleeding. She had been bitten and whatever she fought had ripped a chunk of her flesh right off her torso. Damien wrapped her tightly in a shirt and told Jenny to get the first aid kit. We waited for 10 minutes before we decided she couldn't find it and to fix Lucy ourselves. After fixing Lucy up we retreated back to the car only to find scratches covering it from head to toe. I went round to the back of the car to find Jenny, covered in her own blood with scratches marking her skin. She died in Damien's arms.