One Day Adventure

"You've got to be kidding me." Mya Serrano groaned in annoyance. "But it stated here that the gates would be closed at 17:45!"

The flight attendant looked apologetic, "I'm so sorry, miss but the pilot had taken off earlier than scheduled."

Mya furrowed her eyebrows, strands of her brown hair fell from her high ponytail. "When's the next connecting flight from London to Italy?"

The attendant looked on the computer in front of her, "That'd be tomorrow, 5:30, morning."

Oh great, what am I supposed to do for the next 12 hours.

"Oh, thanks. Can you book one ticket for me then?" She pleaded. It was New Year's Eve and she had promised to come home to Italy for her family dinner. merda (sh*t), mamma's going to kill me. The attendant nodded and smiled, "We have a free booked room to the nearest hotel from the airport. Free of charge."

Mya's eyes lit up in delight, "Thank you!" She looked at the map the attendant was holding as she located the hotel's whereabouts. "But, you might have to share the room with someone else."

"It's alright!" Mya dismissed the thought. She searched for the taxi stand and waited while playing on her phone.

A heavyweight bumped into her, "I'm so sorry!" A male with a deep British accent spoke. Mya came to her senses as she looked at the person who bumped into her.

He had messy dark brown hair, forest green eyes which contrasted his tanned skin. He was tall and well built. He had on a white hoodie and a beanie. He was looking like a model, dressing so effortlessly while she was wearing a cat sweater with sweatpants and sneakers.

His green eyes were staring at her chocolate ones. "Are you alright, love?"

She blushed at the nickname. "I'm okay." He raises his eyebrow in amusement at her tinted cheeks. He grinned, dimples showing. "Hayden Steele." He offered his hand out for her to shake.

She took it, "Mya Serrano." His face expressed confusion, "Maya? Mia? I didn't quite catch it"

She let out a laugh, "Maya, my birth certificate had a typo error." She noticed herself rambling, "Sorry, you didn't ask about that."

"Why are you apologizing?" His face smiling like an idiot. "Don't worry, I find your rambling cute."

Stop. Being. So. Cute. Dammit.

She turned her back towards him and saw an oncoming taxi. "Well it's been nice meeting you but I have to go..." she took the breath of cold air, "So, yeah."

Real smooth, Mya, reaaaal smooth.

As soon as the taxi arrived, she dashed to open the door and got in, she looked at his face one last time before the driver snapped her away from her thoughts, "Where to?"

"Westmark Hotel."

The entire ride there was silent. After she reached her destination, she paid the driver the money she owed and got off.

At least the hotel's fancy.

Fancy wasn't the only word to describe this place, adorned, elaborate, elegant and decorative. It was quite a surprise for an airline to be able to even book a room at one of the best hotels around, and also on New Year's Eve.

She yanked the golden-like door handles and was greeted with the coolness of air conditioning. She then dragged her huge luggage across the red-carpeted floor towards the receptionist.

"Welcome to Westmark Hotel, your name please?" The woman whose tag read Diana.

"Mya Serrano, I'm here for the complimentary room from Air Italy." She replied, worried that this was all a joke.
M
There was a moment of silence before Diana politely smiled at her. "Room 1070, 10th floor. You should also be expecting someone at the door who'll be staying with you. Have a nice stay."