Chapter Four

Cole's P.O.V

I padded into my bedroom and nudged the door closed.
I walked into the bathroom then tried shifting.
I listened as my bones snapped back into place. This time the shift was more like popping knuckles.
My whole body was caked in mud. I laughed softly,
"Nice." I muttered.
I turned on the shower and quickly scrubbed away the mud and dirty then washed my hair.
I got out and dried off. Wrapping the towel around my torso then walking over to Kane's room. I knocked on the door and when no one answer I assumed he was still in the shower.
I walked into his room to look for some shorts and a sweatshirt. I found some sweatpants but in the process of looking for a shirt I heard Kane come out of the bathroom.
"Um, do you have a shirt I could borrow?" I asked.
I refused to turn and look at him because I had the brightest blush on my face.
Suddenly I felt his fingers on my back. I jumped forward and hit my wrist and hip on the dresser. My breath got caught in my throat. The scars on my back...
"They did this to you?" Kane asked. "Yes, not all of them, but yes." I replied.
"What do you mean not all of them?" He questioned but I think he already knew the answer.
"Some were my doing, I-i...I cut anywhere I could reach that no one could see, and when dad came down to beat me he didn't care, he told me to kill myself, handed me the bleach, dropped me off by the bridge, bought medication." I said.
"Yet for some reason when I actually did try he would always drive me to the hospital. You could only imagine how pissed he was when Nolen succeed in his try."
I clenched my teeth as the pain of remembering that day Nolen killed himself and the pain he felt. The pain I continued to feel for the loss of my brother and best friend.
Kane ran his fingers across the scars on my ribs, the ones I had made. As his fingers slid down the scars he left a trail of tingles, making goosebumps form on my body. I shuddered softly.
He leaned forward, his chest against my back and opened a drawer pulling out a black crew neck.
"T-thanks.." I stuttered as I side stepped and went to leave. I stopped right at the door when I smelt salt, the smell of tears.
'Our mate is crying...' My wolf, Exodus, said.
"Kane, please don't cry for me, it was to effect me, not you. Don't cry because you couldn't stop it, you weren't there, you were here, taking care of your business. I don't want your pity over that part of my life, its over, I'm not going back, and I'm safe here with you." I said still looking at the door.
I quietly left the room and went back to mine, pulling on the clothes that were way to big on me but whatever.
I wanted to go check on him but I didn't do well with comforting people.   So I laid down in bed and tried to get some sleep. Yet sleep never came.
My wolf paced back and forth in my head, making me feel antsy as well. I groaned and threw the blankets off of me.
My eyes turned to the sliverish white of the moon as my wolf took over and we headed to Kane's room.
We didn't bother to knock on the door. Exodus opened the door using me as his vessel and padded into Kane's room, closing the door behind us. He gave me back control.
I was here so I might as well do something. I crept slowly over to the sleeping form of my mate and was going to reach out and touch him when I was suddenly pulled into the bed. I yelped and grunted as I slammed into Kane's warm form. I was coddled into his chest.
"I know you don't want me to feel bad but Cole, you were suffering and there was small chance that I would have met you and helped you but that chance was there and then I'm left with the fact that I could have done something." Kane said, his chest vibrating against my body.
"Its over now though, I'm not physical being hurt anymore." I said.
Emotionally was a different question entirely. I wanted to make him happy so I tried to see the better things, really, I just wanted the nightmares and memories and pain and everything to go away, I want to see my brother.
I snuggled into Kane's chest.
"Thank you for caring for me." I said. He was the first person since Nolen died that cared about my well being and didn't want me hurting.
He wrapped his arms tight around my waist.
"Always..." He mumbled against the top of my head.
I held back my tears and looked up at him. I reached up and cupped his cheek.
"You act exactly like him." I said, referring to Nolen.
I let the tears go and stain my cheeks. I looked down.
"I bet he would have liked you, I wish you could have met him, Nolen probably would be happy that you helped me." I said.
Kane's rough fingers brushed away a few stray tears.
"Can I kiss you?" He asked. I clenched my teeth at the questions, anxiety spiked and my stomach became a bottomless pit. I bit my lip.
"Y-y-yes...." I stuttered. I stretched up to meet him half way.
His lips were soft and warm and inviting. It was just us. I felt electricity running through my veins from the shocks from skin contact. This was something I could be addicted to.
It was over as soon as it started. Kane pulled back, leaving me feeling cold. I snuggled into his chest with full intentions of staying there until morning.
His body vibrated as he chuckled softly.
"Goodnight Cole.." he said.
"'Night Kane." I replied.

Okay, kinda had writers block so its bad but they kissed and yeah...that's good.

Happy new year and Merry Christmas btw

1049 words