Chapter 1: The Stalker

WARNING: This story mentions suicide. The story was not meant to offend anyone or glorify suicide. If you are having suicidal thoughts please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255

It was a cold Friday morning when I started feeling the way I do now. I, Ceanna Washington was walking to my friend Emma's house for a sleepover when I first saw him. On the way to Emma's house, I walked by a cemetery, and in the cemetery a funeral was starting. The funeral was not far from the entrance, so I could make out a bit of what people were saying. From what I heard, the funeral was for a girl named Julia Anderson. As I was walking a van drove up beside me and a man in a black suit jumped out, and began to run towards me crying. "Julia! Julia! I-I thought you were dead! I can't believe you're alive! I knew that you would never leave me! Those people must have the wrong body!" yelled the man as he hugged me tightly. I sort of felt sorry for him in a way. I didn't know if I should punch him and run or just calmly back away and explain that I wasn't who he was looking for. In the end I chose the second option, it seemed like the mature choice at the time, but now I wish I would've run as far as possible. After I explained I was not "Julia", he quickly backed away and gasped, putting his hand over his mouth saying, "I'm so sorry! I-I thought you were her.". "It's okay." I replied shyly as I began to back away from the man. "You just look like her, and you're kind like her too." stated the man under his breath. Not knowing how to respond to the situation, I just smiled and continued walking to Emma's house. Within two minutes, the man got into his van and began to drive away. After he drove away, I just froze. I stood there in a daze for quite some time thinking about what had just happened and what could've happened. I eventually convinced myself that everything was okay now and that I shouldn't think about it much, so I continued to walk and eventually got to Emma's house.