Chapter 3: The Cage

"Where are you taking me?" I whimpered. "Home. We're going home, Julia." the man replied. I must have passed out from the pain of the hit, but the next time I opened my eyes, I was somewhere dark with only dim lights. It was cold, a bit damp and I could barely see. I looked around and studied my vicinity, but couldn't see anyone or the man that had abducted me. Instantly, I heard footsteps that got louder, coming towards me. "W-Who are you?" I asked. "It's me, Dad. Julia you're finally with me again." replied the man. "Why do you keep calling me that?! I told you earlier, I'm not Julia! I'm Ceanna! Ceanna Washington!" I screamed. "NO! You're Julia! You're my daughter!" he yelled as he struck me. He picked me up and placed me in what seemed to be a big cage and locked the door. "If you think I'm your daughter, then why would you lock me in a cage like this? Good fathers don't lock their children up in cages like this!" I yelled. "Are you questioning how I choose to raise my child? You are my daughter and I will do as I please without feedback from you. I'm doing this so that you never leave me again, my dear." replied the man. "Please, just let me go. I promise I won't tell anyone." I begged, weakly. The man sighed and a look of sadness came over his face. "Let you go? D-Do you not want to be with your father? We're finally together and you want to just leave me again? This is why you're in that cage, Julia." he stated. "I'm not you're daughter, you psychopath! How many times do I have to tell you?!" I screamed as I kicked the bars of the cage. "I will not tolerate this kind of behavior, Julia! You will love me and you will accept me as your father!" he yelled. "And if I don't accept you as my father?" I asked angrily. "Then there will be some punishments." he replied with a smirk as he walked away and up some stairs. I guessed I was in the man's basement since their were stairs and because of the way the floor was concrete. It was pretty dark, so I couldn't see everything around me. He only provided me with a small amount of light in the cage. As I sat there alone, I thought about my family and friends. Did they miss me? I wondered what was going through their minds at this time. About a few hours later, the man came back down the stairs and gave me some food and water. He told me that this is how life would be from now on until I decided to "love him again.", but I knew that I'd never love him, I couldn't. He wasn't my family. The same routine occurred for about a week or so. Me still not loving him, and him coming down and feeding me every now and then. I just wanted to go home, but HE was certain that I was home.