Chapter 2: Taken

When I got to the Smith's house, the tv was on, the smell of warm food was in the air, and Emma's sisters were playing with their kitten on the floor. It was calm. I enjoyed the feeling of everything being normal for once. After a while, Emma and I decided to take a short walk around the block. As we were walking, I stopped short and gasped. "Ummm Ceanna are you okay?" asked Emma. "Y-Yeah, I'm fine." I replied. I lied, I wasn't okay. I saw the same man in the van driving around from before. Everywhere we walked he seemed to be following us. Was I being stalked? After continuously seeing him, I began to feel uneasy and told Emma that I needed to go home. Once I got home, I ran into my room and shut the door. I sat on the floor in complete frustration and confusion. I didn't understand what was happening to me, or why it was happening to me. Was I overreacting to the situation. I sat on the floor thinking about the events that occurred earlier that day. Why did this man keep following me? Did he want something from me? Who was Julia? What if I was overreacting and we just happened to be around each other at the same time? I had so many unanswered questions. I decided that if I was being stalked, I needed to figure out what to do, and fast. After a long time in isolation thinking, I decided that I wouldn't tell anyone about what had happened unless things got really bad. During dinner, it was really hard for me to lie to my parents about everything being okay. I think my parents knew that something was wrong, but I just couldn't bring myself to make them stressed and worry even more than they already were. My parents have been extremely stressed out and down ever since my brother Jonathan took his life. Telling them about my issues would just make them even crazier. At nine thirty I had to take my dog Cisco for his nightly walk. As I was walking back to my house, I saw some extremely bright headlights coming towards me. The car stopped in front of me and didn't move. Not knowing what to do, I just stood there and didn't move as well. I could faintly see who the driver was, and it was the man from before. He got out of the van and began to slowly approach me. I tried to run, and I almost made it home. As I ran, I could hear him running behind me. Cisco and I got to my driveway. I could still hear him behind me. I tried to scream for help, but that's when he got me. I knew if I let him take me, I would never see my family again. I kicked and tried to scream again, but he covered my mouth with his hand and muffled my screams. Before I knew it, I was thrown into the back of the van. I tried to continue and fight for my life, but the man took an iron bar from the van, struck me with it and closed the back door to the vehicle. I was no longer fully conscious because of the hit I took to the head, but I could feel the van driving away from the life I knew. From there on out I knew that nothing would ever be the same. I was going to die.