Chapter 6: Freedom

I sat there in silence thinking about a plan to escape when I remembered what he had said. If I die so does he and vice versa. "If I pretend to die, then he will die too since we apparently die at the same time. And then once he's dead, I can finally leave" I thought to myself. The thing was, how could I pretend to die? Wouldn't he notice that I was still breathing? Ugh! It would never work! I needed to get out of here but I still couldn't figure out how, that's when he came down stairs again. "Hello darling." he said. "Don't call me that." I muttered. "What did you say?" he asked, raising his voice. "I said, don't call me that!" I yelled. "Do you want to be hurt?!" he asked angrily. "No matter how much you hurt me, no matter what you do. You can never make me love you. Love isn't forced." I stated. He scoffed. "Like I said before, you're in no position to tell me anything. Why should I listen to an ungrateful girl like you? You can't do anything without me. You're helpless." he stated. "You're sick. You're a delusional monster that's convinced himself to believe his own pathetic lies. You just can't accept that your daughter is dead. Ya know, the day I met you I was walking by her funeral and I heard that she killed herself. I bet she killed herself to get away from you." I stated in a disgusted tone as I spat at him. "How dare you! You horrible girl! Don't you ever say that again! I told you last time that your grace was over! And now I'll not only tell you again, but I'll show you. I'll show you how wrong you were to say that! You've always been rebellious, but that was crossing the line, Julia Anderson!" he yelled. Even if I was getting punished again, it didn't matter. Nothing mattered anymore. I had a feeling that this time punishments would be a lot harsher for me and that I might not make it out alive this time. He was angrier than I've ever seen him before. He grabbed the cage door, carelessly and quickly unlocked it and flung it open. He grabbed me, and threw me against the wall. I couldn't fight him. He was much stronger than me, just like all the times before. "Maybe I can knock some sense into you!" he yelled as he got the iron pole and beat me with it. I screamed in pain and in fear as he continued to beat me. My vision was blurry, but I could see blood on the floor, my blood. He continued to beat me no matter how much I screamed. I was practically unconscious from all the beating when he took me to "the chair.". He tied me down and tasered me over and over again. I screamed so much that I didn't think I could scream anymore. He eventually untied me and began to punch and hit me. After that, he took the iron pole and struck me one last time with all of his might. Then he stopped. He took a step back, stood there breathing heavily and staring at me laying on the floor bleeding. I had lost of blood and I could feel my life slowly slipping away. He knew I was dying. I could see it by the look in his eyes. He cried and pulled out the gun. That's when he took his life. Hey I know most people would have just loved him, but I couldn't. It wasn't me. All I could think about was my family. I mentally apologized for never saying goodnight to them the night that I was taken. I also apologized for never being there for them again. I was glad that no one would ever have to deal with him ever again. A memory flashed before me, my brother. That was the way he killed himself. This made me think about my parents and how much I loved them. The kind of love I had for them was not forced love, it was true love. I'm glad the last thought that I ever had was of true love. As I thought of this true love that I had for my family, I managed to weakly smile. With this thought, I closed my eyes forever.