Lui Hwang and the demons of Muay Thai fighting (part 12)

The inside of the estate looked dreary and unkempt. Dust coated every surface in the home. Initially I didn't see much more than the room. I walked all the way to the back wall of the room. To either side were massive hallways. I decided to go left. The hall was long, tall, and dark. There were many paintings of war and death. Armor from several different eras and varieties lined in the walls in between the paintings. the few doors in the seemingly ceaseless hallways were all locked. Except one...inside of this room was Magnificent! There were 4 cast iron braziers. One in each corner. The walls were painted a color between a rose petal pink and a peach. A queen sized bed was in the room with silk sheets and satin drapes. The window was an arched, stained glass window. It was about 3 1/2 feet wide, 5 feet tall, and 4 feet from the floor. On the left wall was an oak writing desk. On it was a fountain pen, an ink well, a small stack of paper, an oil lamp, and a thin book.

 As i approached the desk, i walked slow still in awe of the room's contents. I sat in the chair under the desk. Nothing had been written on the paper, the ink well was dry, the pen was rusted, and the open sections of the desk held nothing. The only thing of major interest was the book. The cover and binding were leather and the pages felt like rice paper. The book was my biological father's diary/journal. It turns out that his full name was Ting Hwang-Ko. He was a major war lord and the head of the Korean War Council. He owned 87% of the arms factories in Korea and two thirds of the missile factories. The last entry was of when I was born. He said he was thrilled to finally have a son to take over the family businesses once he passed away. I noticed a slit in the bottom of the spine. A corner of a piece of paper was exposed. I pulled it out and carefully unfolded it.