popcorn

im about to take my last step when someone dressed in all black appears around the corner and simply says

"boo"

"jeSUS!"

and then i hear laughter.

"dude, i almost crapped myself."

"you should've seen the look on your face!!" and more laughing. which i soon joined in on because, well, he had a cute laugh.

we walk towards the front entrance and he steps in front of me to open to the door.

"ladies first."

"this better not be an act just to get a look at my ass because there's not much to see."

again with that laugh. anybody could fall for it.

"just trying to be a gentleman for my date."

i dont know why but when he says 'date' i stop breathing for half a second. i havent had a date since high school a few years ago. he notices my shortened breath.

"sorry, it doesnt have to be a date. we could to be hanging out. ya know dudes being dudes an-" he's cute when he rambles.

"its just been awhile thats all."

we finally reach his car and he has

"a tesla."

"too much for you, koshy?"

"i didn't know that somebody my age could afford a tesla."

"well, my dad can. i don't like being 'the rich guy's son' but if i can manage to impress a cute girl with it then hell yea."

i start to fidget with my hands. how is he so good at this?

"so you like pitch perfect?"

• • •

it took me a few minutes but i soon became very comfortable in the car. we talked about the most random things and laughed. a lot. i dreaded pulling into the theater parking lot.

"the last time i went on a movie date was in junior year of high school."

"for being such a pretty girl, thats very hard to believe."

"i wasn't exactly a 'babe' in high school."

"well you sure are now."

he's going to be the death of me.

we get to the ticket booth and he stops me from reaching into my backpack. i give him a confused look.

"wow, it really has been a while since you've gone on a date. normally the dashing man pays for the lovely lady. unless that guy is, of course, a douche. and i am no douche." i roll my eyes at that but let him pay.

we get a large popcorn, two packages of sour patch kids, and i blue raspberry slushie for us to share with two straws. we find our seats and talk for awhile before we become distracted by the previews.

the movie soon starts and amy already has me laughing. rebel wilson will never fail to make me smile. i reach my hand into the popcorn but it seems david has already beat me to it. i turn my body towards him and we're both blushing. we both take our hands out of the bucket and continue to watch the movie. it takes five minutes before i can get the huge smile on my face to die down.

halfway through the movie, i see david looking at me instead of the screen. after a few minutes of him just starring at me, i turn to face him and we both smile. he has a big, toothy grin that looks childish yet handsome at the same time.

im fidgeting with my hands. he notices this and takes ahold of them. and then he's leaning in. as soon as beca and amy jump off the boat, our lips are touching. his are slightly chapped but soft. he's gentle and is still holding my hands.

he squeezes my hands and i squeeze back.