her

i slept horrible last night. my mind kept roaming to him. no matter how hard i tried at distracting myself, he always appeared in my head. several times i went to my phone to text him, but quickly backspaced and put my phone down. i didn't want to scare him off like the last guy.

at around seven, i decided to get up and take a shower. i had lunch with him at twelve-thirty and was already getting panicky about it.

"shit shit shit shi-"

and then my phone goes off. the annoying tone echoing into my head, making me prepare for the worst.

cancelling.

my friends had done it a thousand times in high school. always saying they were busy or some shit. which was a lie, of course. no matter how many times i told myself that is was fine and they really did have plans, but it was never true. it was always bullshit.

but in reality it was just gabbie calling me. i slowly picked up my phone. i was starting to wish it was david cancelling instead.

while i was deciding wether to pick up or not, the call ended and i sighed due to relief.

i picked my phone up again to ask if kristen could come over at ten to help me find an outfit.

kristen

do you think you can stop by later?

oh my god

what?

you have a date!! what time is it?

how the hell did you know that? anyways, its a lunch date and i have no idea what i should wear. can you come over at ten or something?

ten?! ill be over in thirty.

i'll be here

i was still puzzled as to how kristen knew from just a few words, but decided to forget it. i went to the bathroom to grab all of my makeup and brought it back to my room to hear my phone make a quick ding. but my attention towards it was distracted by the knock on the door.

"kwisten!"

"liza!"

"stranger things?"

"stranger things."

•  •  •

we had been watching st for three hours when i realized it was ten-thirty.

"shit."

"what?"

"i have to start getting ready soon."

i don't think i've ever seen such an evil smile appear on my friends face. it was deadass like the grinch was sitting next to me and had just explained his plan about ruining christmas.

"i forgot about that!! oh my god, liza, you're going to look so cute!!" and in record time, she was in my closet.

after what felt like an eternity, she finally emerged from the closet holding a vertically striped, blue and white bodysuit with, once again, black jeans.

"what do you think?"

"you are aware of how tight that bodysuit is? its to show off everything i dont have. its cute but krist-"