oxygen

"so the bald girl is dope as fuck. thats the entire show," i knew he hadn't watch any of the show except the first three minutes. i knew because he was looking at me the entire time.

"oh yeah," you could sense the sarcasm. "and thats only season one. in season two one guy gets his balls cut off by a clown. some dope shit," i look at him and smile. he was still looking at me. like i was a goddess or something.

"that makes my entire mid-area hurt."

"oh, get over yourself, dobrik," when you first meet him he just seems like a regular guy but once you get to know him its like there's no other person like him. just you and him, together, on a beige couch watching stranger things.

when we first sat down on the couch we were an arms length away. now my head was nestled into the crook of his arm with it draped around me. i felt safe, protected. i hadn't felt this way with a guy for years.

actually i don't think i've ever felt this way with a guy. david wasn't like everyone else. he cherished you like you were his oxygen, if you leave he leaves too. i liked having the closure knowing that he won't go.

"has anyone ever told you just how amazing you are?" he was twirling one of my ringlets around his index finger. "i mean, we've only known each other for a few days and i already know you're absolutely incredible."

"okay, mr. mushy, i've known you for a mere three days. i'll let you continue whatever you were saying in a few months," both him and me tried to hide our smiles but failed.

sadly, our moment was interrupted by my phone buzzing.

"kristen?"

"liza, you literally aren't going to believe this!"

"kristen, is everything okay?"

"yes, mom, everything is perfectly fine. but guess what? scott and david know each other! where are you guys at? we should all hang out! can you believe this?!"

"kristen, take a chill pill and we're just hanging out at my place."

"oh, should i not come over then," she said with a tone of voice that made me gag.

"kristen, just get over here."

"be there soon, loser."

by the time kristen and scott had made it over to my apartment, david and i had stopped watching the show and were in a full out tickle war. i was the one to plead mercy when we heard a knock on the door.

"i'll get you next time, dobrik," i say while narrowing my eyes at him.

"we'll see about that."

i roll my eyes and open the door.

"kristen!"

"liza!"

we wrap our arms around each other in one big bear hug. we had seen each other less than seven hours ago but still felt that the embrace was necessary. it wasn't until we separated when i saw scott standing awkwardly behind her.

"come one in. we were just about to start watching a movie. its scott, right?"

"uhm, yea."

i heard movement behind and then david saying, "scott? dude, whats up."

scotts eyes immediately lit up seeing that david was here.

"dude, what are you doing here?"

//uhmm HI so i wrote months ago. like march lmao. wattpad has highkey died but its fine lmao