Antonio's Gone

Chapter 23

After some time, Elena left the room to call Logan and Clay followed while Jeremy, Nick and I all stayed with Antonio.

"Jeremy," Antonio called.

"We can talk later Antonio," Jeremy said.

"You have to stop them," Antonio said.

"We will. We will you and I together," Jeremy said.

Just then, Jeremy started to walk over and began to faint slightly.

"Together," Jeremy said before falling in pain and Clay catching him.

We then all rushed to his side before Clay began to examine Jeremy.

"This doesn't look good," Clay said, looking at Jeremy's stab wound.

"I'm fine," Jeremy said.

"Tell me what to do," Elena said.

"I'm fine," Jeremy said.

"Jeremy, tell me what to do," Elena said.

"Get some antiseptics and some gauss," Jeremy said.

"I got it," Nick said, getting the stuff we needed.

We then began cleaning Jeremy up while he moaned in pain before Clay bandaged his wound.

After some time of tending to Jeremy, we then walked over to Antonio and began to wait for some good news.

"He's bleeding internally. He's lost too much blood," Jeremy said.

"What can we do?" Nick asked.

"There's nothing more I can do for him" Jeremy said.

"Well then let's get him to a hospital," Nick said, getting up and getting ready to help him.

"Nick. You know we can't do that," Jeremy said.

"I'm not just going to stand here and watch my father die!" Nick yelled.

"Nicky, Nicky. You can't fight this fight," Antonio said, calming him down and making Nick sit.

Antonio then turned to Elena and said...

"Elena," Antonio called, causing Elena to rush over.

"I'm here Antonio," Elena said.

"The boys need you," Antonio said.

"I know," Elena said.

"Take care of her," Antonio said.

Antonio then turned to Clay and said...

"Clay," Antonio called, making Clay walk forward.

"Yeah," Clay said.

"You find it in your heart to forgive," Antonio said.

"I will," Clay said.

Antonio then called me...

"Kat," Antonio called, causing me to rush by his side.

"Yeah, I'm here," I said.

"Take care of Nick. He's going to need someone to take care of him, someone to love, like you. You make him smile everyday, don't ever change that," Antonio said.

"I will," I said as a tear rolled down my cheek.

Antonio then turned to Jeremy and said...

"My friend, no more half measures. Santos, all of them," Antonio said.

"My friend, it's time for you to rest now," Jeremy said.

"Nicholas. Nicky," Antonio called.

"I'm right here dad," Nick said.

"Come closer. Closer," Antonio said.

Nick then leaned his ear over Antonio and began to listen as Antonio began to whisper something inside Nick's ear.

"Thank you," Nick said.

All of a sudden, Antonio stopped breathing and we all began to cry over the loss that was Antonio. Nick began to lay on Antonio's body as he cried before I walked over to Nick and began to hold him tight.

After some time, we could tell Nick wanted to be alone with Antonio and so Jeremy, Clay, Elena and I left the room and headed into The Great Room before sitting down to talk about Antonio.

"Thirty years of friendship, so many things you take for granted and then suddenly it's over," Jeremy said, talking about him and Antonio.

"These mutts need to be put down for good," Clay said.

"I agree. No middle ground, no mercy," Elena said.

"Elena," Jeremy said.

"They killed Pete, they killed Antonio. What more is it going to take until we fight back?" Elena asked.

"I agreed," I said.

Suddenly, Nick walked in and joined us...

"This is more than just killing a few mutts," Nick said.

"Nick we can talk about this later-" Jeremy said before Nick interrupted said.

"No I have the rest of my life to grieve, we all do. Right now we have to go on the offensive, find out who else is involved and just how far this reaches," Nick said.

"We also need to find out who that woman was at the ambush," Elena said.

"Mutts are getting desperate if they're bringing in humans to do their dirty work," Nick said.

"So where do we start?" I asked.

"Cain, as their weakest link," Jeremy answered.

"Cain's hardly weak," Clay said.

"Yes he is he's mentally weak, he's sloppy, he's careless. We need to find him and get him to talk," Jeremy said.

"I'll go to the campground with Kat, see if I can pick up a scent," Elena said.

"Not alone," Clay said.

"You're going to go with Clay. Nick, you and I will stay to attend to Antonio's body," Jeremy said.

"How's your wound?" Elena asked Jeremy.

"It's fine. Don't worry about me," Jeremy answered.

"I know how much he meant to you. To all of us, we can't bring Antonio back but we can make this right," Elena said.

We then all nodded before Elena, Clay and I headed off to go see if we could pick up a scent in the campground...