switch

"switch" is a 2017 one shot based on real life experience. i did have to switch gym teachers as part of a schedule change done yearly, but things are sort of fine now. this story is from mina's point of view, as she goes through a class switch. 

-

that dreaded day has finally begun. every year, we always have to get our schedules if it has changed. for 1 year, mine wasn't affected. now, this year, i had a change: my gym teacher. soon after we got them, i cried so hard that it already hurt my body.

"dang mina, you don't have the same gym class as me? that sucks", said jennie.

momo reacted hard on the news. "why? why were you the chosen one with a bad fate?"

today's my first day with my new gym teacher. i really don't know how her class works, but i feel that i'm gonna hate it.

during gym class, her new teacher, ms. greene, goes over the course of the period. she soon watches her old teacher, ms. vo, teach her class on how to shoot free throws.

what we did today was just run the track. it was very tiring, and i had no friends in my new class. all of my friends were in ms. vo's class.

however, i only had one person that i've heard of in this class; nayeon. she's slower than me in running, but i heard she's an amazing friend. as the class was running around the track, she caught up to me.

"oh man, i thought i was the only slow poke! i never saw you before, are you new?"

"only to this class i'm the new girl."

"now i get it! the freaking schedule change. always the worst day year after year."

"i know, it's always the worst day ever haha."

"so, after gym's over, do you wanna sit with my friends till the bell rings for lunch?"

"sure! i don't really welcome new people though, but i'll try."

after we got out of the locker rooms, we decided to sit at the front of the gym. she introduced me to a couple of more people that i knew, like rose, lisa, wendy, and chaya. we all kept laughing over the stupidest things, like relationships and exposing people. those four girls were also in my new gym class.

after a few days, i got used to being in ms. greene's class. i was able to find a new group of friends to talk to, but i never forgot where i came from.