the first day

note: the progression is very off, so this is technically my worst one shot. 

the first day.

it was Monday, September 4. two best friends, Momo & Mina, were standing right outside the entrance.

"ready?"

"ready as I'll ever be."

they were able to go inside & explore part of the school. soon, they found the dance studio, and one of the seniors closed the door, since she didn't want anyone watching. 

Momo found a girl who she thought was interesting in personality, named Sana. she was carrying a guitar, looking down.

she became a bit annoying by saying, "HEY! WHAT'S YOUR NAME?!"

"shh, be quiet! you'll probably become hated on after this."

"geez, take a chill pill!"

at the music room.

the music teacher explained to the students that the class will be hard, but they'll be able to master fundamentals of music. they're expected to have fun & learn at the same time.

there was one celebrity student, Tzuyu Chou. she looked at Jihyo & whispered to a friend "she looks so plain! she's probably hard to look at. probably might be the Christmas dropout."

after the lecture, Tzuyu went up to sing "should've been us" by Tori Kelly. a lot of people were amazed by her voice. soon, Jihyo came up to sing herself. freezing, the class started laughing. Tzuyu called her an amateur, which forced her to go back to her seat.

the dance studio.

Momo & Mina's teacher was super strict. she can't tolerate any goofy behavior & they need to have the right amount of discipline for the class. some of the students whispered that they wished that they didn't audition for dance.

meanwhile, in-class auditions for advanced dance were underway. everyone was required to audition, even if they don't have a lot of experience.

"Mina Myoui".

Momo said to her, "you'll do great."

Mina did her routine with a series of turns and jumps. it was incredibly graceful like a swan.

"that was amazing! i knew you'd do it."

"Momo Hirai."

she did hers with a bit more contemporary than ballet. nevertheless, she did a really great job. on her routine, she even did gymnastics, on bare feet!

both of the girls did do good on their routines. one of the boy students said that the teacher, Ms. Kim, had a very tough choice because of her feedback.

lunch

Jihyo was looking for a table outside, until she found Tzuyu's table, but she just kept dissing her. she walked away & sat with a boy she didn't know; he was just in the same class as her.

"so, hard day?"

"yeah, she kept being rude. why are you kinda silent?"

"it's been happening since kindergarten."

"oh."

after the convo, he began to thump the table, making a musical beat. while doing that, Jihyo began to sing last minute lyrics, then looked at Tzuyu. after that, she walked away furiously.

who is the advanced freshman?

the two girls began talking about summer break, when one of the dancers announced Ms. Kim's choice for the AP Dance program.

the student was... Momo.

Momo didn't expect it at all, especially since she's street dance based. Mina said congratulations to her, but inside, she thought:

"maybe she kinda doesn't deserve it, but I'll still support her."

when class ended, Momo went with the advanced dancers to go to a rehearsal for a ballet, leaving Mina behind.

"you're the best!" said Momo.

"no... you're better."

the basement

"yeah, it's official. I'm coming home. please don't be mad. I'm just not talented enough to make the cut. bye mom. call me when you get this."

the boy from lunch went inside the basement when Jihyo hung up. he wanted to ask her what happened.

she said, crying, "yeah, you found out everything i said, right?"

he admitted that he did. all he wanted to do was help her. he tried to convince Jihyo to come back, but she said that she was gonna quit. after that, she went back upstairs.

back at the music room

turns out she changed her mind. when she was about to head outside, she went back to the music room.

"can I try again?"

"of course! the room's all yours."

she sung the song "Mine" with her heart and soul. everyone was amazed at her vocal talent, even Tzuyu. she was hard to please, but Jihyo got what she wanted at the end: support.