unknown sender

hi i'm back from the dead :)

so i actually started writing this story a long time ago, but i abandoned it. thankfully, i looked at my notebook of one-shots and fanfics and i found an unfinished story, which is this. enjoy my cringey writing from (mostly) middle school.

-

she stood there in terror, wondering where the hell that text came from. the messenger was unknown, but a number was displayed on the notification:

(550)-229-7890 (don't call this number, this is just fiction!!)

the text said: "get ready to die. see you soon in hell."

nayeon started to believe that her phone was being dysfunctional, so she turned it off, then attempted to turned it back on again.

it didn't turn back on.

"damn it. i'm calling tech support," she whispered.

as she walked downstairs to get the landline, she heard her parents conversing to one another.

"there must be some way to stop our daughter from going insane, but how?"

"i don't know. maybe we can send her to an asylum far away?"

"no. i can't handle being away from my baby girl at a distance like that."

"but we're talking about the safety of our family. can't we just get rid of her?"

soon, things escalated quickly. a black van soon parked on the other side of the street. it was labeled "IMN Corporations."

of course, it was her family's company, their only source of income. the ims didn't get everything handed to them on a silver platter. nayeon's parents had to work side gigs to make ends meet. but of course, they didn't really think about the damage they were causing to their daughter from never being home.

grudgingly, she went out to the front porch to allow herself some time to contemplate what she did wrong that caused her parents to resent her. the black van was still there. no one was in the driver's seat.

i get that i'm not the most perfect daughter in the world. i'm stubborn, lazy, and an imbecile, but i'm DEFINITELY not insane, she said to herself. as the black night sky allowed, a full moon was twinkling as bright as it could be.

then, as fate would've predicted, nayeon felt her body tensing up. someone slowly covered her mouth with their hand. she tried so speak, but the mysterious person whispered, "you are not getting out of here alive."

as she kept muffling, "help!", the person then said to someone else, "throw her in the van." nayeon immediately recognized their voice. it was her own mother. she was the unknown sender.

soon enough, she was thrown into the van. her dad cracked her phone with a hammer. her mom drove them away from their house.

no one has heard from the family since.

-

对不起 (sorry) for providing you guys with a bad story this time. :(