O N E

It was the very next day of the marriage and all decorations had been removed

It was the very next day of the marriage and all decorations had been removed. All guests had slowly left while the closer ones remained at home.

Suman came down ready to go to work, but today was something different. Her face covered with makeup. All these efforts were put to hide her super pale skin and swollen eyes. She had cried like never before. Bloodshot eyes and lack of sleep were all that followed the session.

Preeti knew about her love for Shravan was heartbroken too, she had come multiple times to check on her dear sister. But could never gather the courage to go in and console her. Her heart wrenched apart in pain but no one was there to mend it. The one who was responsible for this condition of her was the sole person who could mend the pain of the heart.

The pre-wedding festivities and Suman and Shravan's late night calls had also made her faint which now resulted in Suman's head throbbing in pain.

She glanced at all the guests which sat on the mattresses on the floor, while some devouring the delicious food left over from the previous night. Most old ladies were busy at what they do best, gossiping. ( No offence, please )

Her face scrunched up in disgust as she heard some of them.

" Heerey ke samne pathar rakho ge toh yeh hi hona hain.( That's what happens if you keep a stone in front of a diamond)"

" Zabardasti paise dekhe shaadi karwayi hoyegi , isliye toh yeh log mangai. Sirf Shravan ne mana kar diya hoga. ( They would have given money to the Malhotra's for this marriage, Shravan wouldnt have liked Suman and thus would have run away)"

These comments were making Suman weaker, she opened her mouth to protest when Preeti suddenly spoke up," All of you were invited for this marriage since this marriage is not happening you all are most welcome to leave. "

" Haye , Kaise bacche hain yeh", People started speaking among themselves.

" Please stop. ", Her mother frantically tried to stop all the guests but her dad gave a pleased smile to the duo.

" Don't stop these people muma. They are here to gossip. They can do that in their homes as well, why waste our time and money. Preeti is absolutely right. ", Suman stepped in and her mom understood the meaning of her talks.
She politely folded her hands as a sign of goodbye and all guests went back to their hotel nearby and left from there as well.

" Where are you going, Suman? ", her mom asked as she saw the bag and the files in her hand.

" Back to work mom. No marriage is equal to no more holidays. ", She replied as she tried to put on a smile.

" As you wish Beta , we are always there for you. Have your breakfast before you leave. ", Her said in understanding and reciprocated a genuine smile.

" I am not hungry mom, I have work to catch up on so I have to go early. ", she responded and took her car keys from the key holder.

She sat in the car and was just about to drive off when she received Pushkar's call. She was slightly taken aback and hesitant to pick up the phone.
She rested her head on the back seat waiting for the call to finish ringing.
As soon as the call went unattended, a message popped up on the screen.