Chapter 6

The next few weeks flew drug on for Arthur, Morgana, Gaius, and Gwen. Merlin had yet to wake up except for short spans in which Gaius forced food and Medicine down his throat. Morgana, Arthur, and Gwen were with him every chance that they got. 

"How is he Gaius?" asked Morgana as she and Arthur entered his home. 

"Not much has changed. But I think that he will wake soon. I am going to try something to see if I can find out what happened to him in the morning."

"Go on Arthur," said Morgana. Arthur nodded and left the pair alone. She waited for the door to Merlin's room to close before continuing. "Morgause happened Gaius. I know that Merlin told you about her. You two know everything that happens in the castle."

"I'm not sure I understand."

"She put a spell of longing on Arthur."

"Oh dear."

"She said that it would enhance the emotions tenfold. Anger would become rage. Sadness becomes sorrow and longing."

"Liking someone is enhanced to lust." Morgana nodded and Gaius sat down with realization. "Does he know."

"Merlin does. He thinks that Arthur just used him."

"They are both idiots," said Gaius. "That makes more since with Merlin's symptoms."

"As soon as Merlin is fine to travel, Gwen, myself, and him will leave Camelot. If Uther were to find out what happened then he would have Merlin killed."

"Send Gwen to his mother with a letter of what happened and that you will be coming as soon as possible with Merlin, is my council. The longer he stays here the longer he will be discovered and Uther will have him killed for it. You must do what I am unable to do any longer. Save Merlin and Arthur must never find out."

"Gwen will leave in three days time." 

"Why is Gwen leaving?" said a voice and Morgana and Gaius turned to see Arthur standing in the doorway. The pair exchanged a look not knowing what to say. 

The next morning found Merlin awake and able to sit up without passing out. So he, Gaius, and Gwen were reading books on warlock pregnancy. Gwen was told about his magic and swore on her life never to reveal. Meanwhile the three of them were making plans for Merlin to leave the kingdom without revealing Merlin's secret to Arthur. Morgana kept distracting Arthur from what was really going on and George had 'temperately' took over Merlin's duty as Arthur's servant. Uther unintentionally helped as well, sending Arthur on patrols and different diplomacy missions.  

The weeks passed slowly for Merlin with Gwen gone and Arthur barely let Merlin leave his side once he was able to move around normally but he still did not do his major chores that would tire him out immensely. 

"How are you Merlin?" asked Morgana as she passed him and Arthur in a corridor. 

"I am better, my lady," said Merlin bowing. Arthur moved as to continue on but Morgana took Merlin's arm.

"Walk with me," said Morgana and she and Merlin walked off leaving a dumbfound Arthur in their wake. Once they were out of earshot of Arthur, Morgana stopped and turned to face Merlin. "You will have to leave tonight, I fear that Uther is becoming suspicious of you. He may act like it, but he is no fool. He has been watching you and Arthur. He believes that you have Arthur under your spell. You must leave to protect both yourself and Arthur." Merlin paled and nodded.

"Will you make my excuses for me?" Morgana nodded and Merlin hurried off.

"Were is he going," asked Arthur walking up to Morgana. 

"He has a family emergency back home. Gwen sent word. She went a couple weeks ago while Merlin was on bed rest but she has sent for him." 

"I have to go be there for him. If anything happens to him..."

"If anything goes wrong, I am certain that Merlin will send word. But you two do need to be separated for a while."

"Why? Morgana what do you know?"

"Uther believes that you are under his spell."

"He what?"

"Hush now. You know as well as I that Uther sees magic everywhere. You will have to proceed with caution if you wish to help him." Unseen by them a guard slipped away. 

I have an idea for what to do with the next few chapters but I don't know if it will fit into the plot of the coming few chapters.