Always

[Harry's POV]

**Contain's Mild Language**

I finished setting up the stake-out tent on the roof of a building as one of my friends, helped me lay out the invisibility cloak. His name was Joshua McCarthy. Joshua was one of our beginning Aurors and I was training him. We climbed in our tent - which we expanded with a simple charm and began to watch the streets. It was still light out and I called Joshua in to discuss the case. I pulled out a folder and showed him the criminal.

"Our main criminal is Frater Sanguinem, but he likes to call himself the Grim Reaper because he was given such a bad name," I told him. "He started a dangerous gang of pure-bloods and then they became the Bloody Demons. Bloody Demons wear a red mask with a demon face, so they won't be recognized. Also they don't kill people instantly like the Death Eaters, but they cut you and wait for you to slowly die. It's a highly dangerous gang to be stuck with. Not only do they murder people like that, but they take their victim's blood and use it to draw their signature symbol - the burning hand. They take the blood and they draw three flames, one large and two small. They'd have the two small flames on each side of the larger one and in between them would be two hands."

Joshua looked at me. He seemed partially terrified and interested.

"Mr. Potter, were the Death Eaters this evil?" he asked me.
"Eh...the Death Eaters themselves may not be so evil, but their leader, Tom Riddle, was pure death! Born and made in hell," I said as I glanced into the distance.

I sighed as I looked up into the sky. I saw only two stars that evening. They reminded me of Ginny. They were blue stars, like her sparkling eyes. Staring up into the sky, Joshua noticed that I was thinking of something. He was quite young. He graduated from his school early because he was a genius, like Hermione. Maybe I was homesick.

"Mr. Potter...are you alright?" he asked me.
"Well...earlier today...before I was called to do this, my girlfriend and I broke up," I sighed. "She and the stupid reporters from the Daily Prophet were asking me if I was going to marry Ginny."
"Sir, you've said that you were madly in love with her," he said as he came closer to me, intrigued. "What happened?"
"I just thought about the Auror business," I answered. "You know, with my identity, I would be an easy target for some evil people. If I was to marry her, she'd be in a huge risk of being killed. I care too much about her to let her die like that."
"Mr. Potter," Joshua muttered, "you should tell her!"
"I don't know...I don't think she'd want to see my face," I said. "I'm desperate for her to love me again."
"You must be heartbroken," Joshua said under his breath. "You should at least - "

Suddenly, one of the other Auror's tents caught on fire. I jumped up and called Joshua to the scene. We flew over in a white light form and tried to save them. We looked at our fellow Aurors. Dead. Blood flew from their bodies faster than a waterfall. Joshua and I quietly set the fire out and then our tent caught on fire. The other Aurors and us flew onto the streets to find a huge crowd of Bloody Demons. They flooded the streets. There had to be at least two thousand of them. I flew back up to the rooftops where spells were being shot up in the sky and pulled out cans of gases. Other Aurors stood on the roofs of other buildings and did the same. We dropped them and at least half of them were killed by the deadly gases. Suddenly, Bloody Demons flew to the roof of the buildings and we ran into combat. More and more Bloody Demons flew up onto the roofs of the buildings in a red light form.

"Holy shit!" Joshua cursed. "How many damn Bloody Demons are there?"
"Just concentrate!" I shouted as we fought on the roof.

Other Aurors fought on the roof. However, most of them fought with us. Most of the Bloody Demons were killed and more flew up. The roof was full of bodies, some unconscious and dead. We called in more Aurors to join us, and the fight lasted until morning. We had to pull an all-nighter. Suddenly, three people on brooms - civilians, I'm guessing - came flying in. We killed most of the Bloody Demons. However, they sent their most grim fighters in last to finish us off. Half of the Aurors were either killed or injured. Many of them who were injured aparated to St. Mungos. However, Joshua and I held on strong with some of the Aurors who came in this morning to fight. The Bloody Demons created a new spell that completely puts an Auror out of the battle. Once it hit you, skin was ripped in several pieces and blood would rush out until your fall unconscious and die. Our hands and wands were completely covered with blood.