That Kunoichi, just friends

It was the day of your release at the hospital. Your sister, Tsunade, fetched you personally and tended to your needs the whole day. You were feeling okay and the tests results says that there's nothing wrong with you. On the way to your humble abode Tsunade was wearing a concerned look while gazing at your figure.

               "The Anbu is looking at the intel you relied to us," she said that made you stop at your tracks.

               "I have a request," you said without looking at your sister. "When you find him, I want to be there. I want to see him," you walked slowly relishing the cool air under the rows of Hashirama trees. "I want him to die at my hands," you continued, casting your sight down to your hands.

She knew no matter how many times she holds you back, you are the waves that pushes and slams the dam walls. Trying to break free because no matter how much you contain water, it finds a way to be free. The water hates to be contained. Tsunade learned that from the second Hokage himself. Their strict and uptight tsundere brother of their grandfather.

               "Y/n, what did you see?" she pressed the subject further.

Tsunade suddenly felt her sister's hand on her wrist. Her vision blurred and suddenly she was running through the woods. She saw a figure running away then before she knew it, she was towering over Sasuke's brother with tears dripping down his reincarnated face. Tsunade was pulled out from the flashback and returned to reality. She looked at her sister, surprised.

               "So he isn't fully resurrected," her sister shook her head and continued walking. "Anyway, you have three days to recuperate at home then you can go back to your duties as a jonin."

Tsunade caressed your head gently and link arms with you. She's grateful that she still has you even though she couldn't say it out loud. She lost so many people and regretted not saying all the things that she wanted to say before it was too late. She wants to keep you away from harm. She wants to keep you with her at all times, however, that's not the way to live.

You spent the whole day cramped up inside your room, reading books and sipping tea, eating mochi and listening to swaying trees. Some of your friends like Kurenai and Anko paid a visit then left. You appreciated the silence and you, being alone. You relished the peaceful time given to you and only finishing three books when the sun went down. You went to the garden and sat under the tree in silence. Tsunade's working late tonight, you dismissed the helpers the whole day and now you're hungry.

To the food shops it is.

You went to town walking aimlessly, not knowing where you want to go. Looking around you, you thought, this is the village your grandfather, Senju Hashirama and Uchiha Madara have built. It has prospered and perished many times but leaves grow and branches continue to branch out. Hashirama said, Konoha is evergreen. Children are laughing and running, chasing each other. Jonin level ninjas are helping the people rebuild their homes. Once again, the sight of a recuperating village and the damage is your fault. If you had known that that man will bring trouble to the village and because of your actions then you should have not made them. It made you feel more guilty watching the people pick up pieces of their things with a defeated look on their eyes.

It seems that whatever you do, fate has a way to take it back. The destiny that you hate so much but still believe in.

Is there a way to escape this?

You felt a light tap on your shoulder.

               "What?" you asked.

               "Hello to you too, Y/n. How are you?" Kakashi asked as he gave you his closed eyed smile and a small wave.