03 || sick days

"Ninja

"Ninja."

You laid in bed, curled up in a ball under the covers.
A cold had been spreading around school and you had been unfortunate enough to be one of the victims. A chill swept over you and you sniffled.

"Y/N!" A light knock at your window made you jump and you looked over with groggy eyes to see your boyfriend crouching at your window.

You sat up and tried to fix your bird nest of hair. "You didn't tell me you were coming," you groaned and swung your legs around so they hung off the bed. You walked over to your foggy window and pressed one hand against the cold pane, wrenching the frame open.

"Hello beautiful." Steve leaned in to peck you on the lips, but you stopped him before he would catch your bug. He frowned in disappointment.

You smiled and helped him down into your room. His feet landed softly onto your rug and you wrapped your arms around his waist. "Don't worry, lover boy, I'm sick."

He furrowed his eyebrows at the sound of your significantly raspy voice. "I figured, but damn, you sound horrible." He was carrying a plastic bag with a small container inside.

"You brought me soup?" You tried not to jump for joy at the sound of hot food awaiting you.

"The best chicken noodle soup, made by me. Hell, I skipped fourth period for this." Steve set the container down on your nightstand and kicked off his shoes, scooping you up by your waist as you giggled. Both of you sat on the bed and you got back into your covers, finding warmth in Steve's open arms. You felt the back of his hand touch your forehead as he rubbed your shoulder.

He stroked your hair and intertwined your fingers. "You're burning up, Y/N. Did you take any medicine?"

"I tried to, but cough syrup tastes like shit," you sighed, rubbing each of his knuckles.

He grabbed the container on the nightstand and the plastic spoon. "Here, get something in your stomach."

You smiled weakly at the aroma of the food and opened the small bowl. "I'm so lucky to have you, you know." You put a big spoonful of chicken noodle soup into your mouth and nodded in satisfaction. "I bet I'm the most attractive when I'm eating."

"Definitely," Steve chuckled and shifted your legs so they rested across his lap. "Even when you sound like a pre-pubescent boy," he snickered.

Your eyes widened at the joke and you punched him, unable to say anything in defense because your mouth was full of soup. "Asshole," you burst out after swallowing.

"I'm your asshole." Steve tucked a piece of your hair behind your ear and pressed his forehead against yours. "Okay, if I can't kiss your lips, then..." He hovered over the sensitive skin of your neck and began to plant small kisses under your jaw.

On top of the chills you already had, Steve sent a different kind of jitters up your spine, but they were filled with bliss. You scooped up another helping of soup and interrupted the moment.

He looked up at you, your face held on pause with the utensil halfway into your open mouth. "I shouldn't be offended you chose soup over me, right?"

"I'm hungry," you whined and ate the remains of the soup. He caressed your thigh underneath your blankets and rested his head on your stomach.

"I love you Y/N," he murmured affectionately. You ran your fingers through his silky hair.

"I love you too." Your voice cracked and you covered your mouth in embarrassment, sending you both into a fit of laughter.

;

AN:
Lmao I had to add the end the thought of it was too funny

After being sick like 3 times this school year I wanted to make a chapter based on soft steve bc he makes my heart go 💘💞💖

I'm still working on "old friends" pt 2 so stay tuned for that!

Vote and comment suggestions, thanks y'all