Shatter

Ch.2

"Lacy it's not what it looks like." I coaxed trying my hardest to get her to calm down. She looked up at me with her eyes full of tears." Then what is it Beth?" I felt bad for Lace. Luke had been her first love, and her first heartbreak. I know it would kill her if I fell for him, so I keep my feelings hidden. I keep trying to remind myself that he's awful,and will only break me, like he broke Lace. "Look." I said. "I fell and he just happened to catch me nothing else happened. You know I could never care about someone like him."

Luke's POV

"I could never care for someone like him."

Beth's words shattered a part of me. The part that thought she could like me. When I held Beth earlier I felt something. It was a spark igniting a flame inside of me. A flame for her. I've held girls before,I'm the opposite of innocent, and when virgins see me they faint. The spark I felt this morning though made me want to change,for her.

Now all I want to do is shatter her.

"Luke." Said Calum. I glanced up, he had heard to." I bet you can't get Beth to fall for you." He said. This was perfect I would shatter her before she could shatter me any more. I smirked." Bet I can."

"No you can't." Said Ashton. I raised my eyebrows as if to ask why not Ashton got the message." Beth is different from all the other bimbos at the hell. She smart, to smart to be seduced by you, or anyone." Michael nodded in agreement.

I broke into a wide smile." I love proving people wrong."

******

Beth's POV

As soon as I got home I collapsed onto my bed exhausted. I don't want to admit it to myself but I know I don't hate Luke. Today catching me I felt something. It's like I've been dead for a long time, and Luke's touch was the shock that brought me back to life.

I decided to ignore it though. If Luke Hemmings is my lifesaver I think ill drown. I've seen what he does to girls. When I look at them after he's through with them their unidentifiable. Like mutated murder victims. I don't know a ton but I do know this I will not be the victim.

That's when the sound started from my window. It was a little pecking noise. I went over to the window and there he was. The badboy with a white rose in his hand.