Chapter Eight

After getting settled in to my room, which was right next door to Kaname's and taking the pain killers Masaomi had sent home with me, I was exhausted. My other siblings were at school or work and the giant condo felt eerily empty. The first two floors of the condo were for storage and some of the rooms were rented out to tenants, the third floor and up was strictly for the Asahina family.

One of my new siblings was kind enough to leave me a hand drawn map of The Sunrise Residence. The third floor is where the rooms of Yusuke, Iori, Subaru, Wataru, Fuuto and Louis were located. I hadn't met any of those siblings yet. The fourth floor where my room resided also housed the rooms of Masaomi, Kaname, Ukyo, Ema, Tsubaki and Azusa. I sighed as I looked over the map, I still had so many new siblings I hadn't gotten to meet yet. It was overwhelming. My dad still hadn't called me about the accident, he often traveled to places where he didn't get any cell reception, but it still made me feel insignificant.

My phone buzzed causing me to jump and scramble to look at the new message.

N: Released from the hospital and already fighting, what am I going to do with you?

How on earth did he know that? Did Kaname tell him?

E: I have no idea what you're talking about :)

N: Your coworker ratted you out.

Max!

E: It wasn't a fight so much as a one-sided massacre...

N: You're a handful. Try not to push yourself too much, Masaomi-nii is terrifying when he's angry so don't hinder your recovery.

I sent a quick message to Aaron letting him know I was out of the hospital so he wouldn't worry and could hopefully forget all about what had happened before flopping onto my bed. Ema had decorated my room, the walls had various posters from different MMA, IFL and various underground fighting rings. She found me some cute grey bedding with little black kitty skull and crossbones littering the surface, there were splotches of neon green splatter across it for a pop of color. It was perfect.

There was a knock at the door and I struggled to get back up, not realizing how heavy my body felt. Pretty sure Masaomi had gotten them to give me pain killers that were laced with sedatives to make me easier to handle. I managed to get to the door and opened it to find a man in his late twenties with blonde hair, rectangular frameless glasses and bright blue eyes. He was dressed sharply in a pressed suit and offered me a warm smile.

"Sorry, were you resting?" He apologized.

"Ah, that's okay, I don't much care for bedrest anyway." I forced myself to smile.

"I'm Ukyo, I'm the second son." He extended his hand to me.

I accepted it with my uninjured hand and gave it a polite shake, "Evie, it's nice to meet you, Ukyo-san."

"I was going to get started on dinner and wanted to see if you had any requests or dietary restrictions." He was a very thoughtful person.

"Oh, no. I'm pretty easy going, I'll eat anything as long as its not still moving." I laughed.

Ukyo chuckled at this, "I think I can manage that." His gaze flit behind me to one of the fighting posters in my room before turning back to me, "Ema said you have a job that you'll probably be returning to once you're cleared to go back to work, please let me know your schedule when you get a chance, I try to keep everyone's schedules organized so I know how many people to prepare meals for."